Herbstreit says LSU to Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Nov 24, 2003.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't know if the Fiesta would "pass up LSU" so-to-speak because isn't there a pecking order to the BCS selections outside of 1 vs 2?

Last year, the Fiesta had 1 vs 2, so I would imagine that with the rotating Championship, since they just had it, they would probably be the final BCS bowl to select.

I would think that after 1 vs 2 are decided to play in the Sugar Bowl, the selection would go:

Rose, Orange, Fiesta...

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression they the rotation fell something along those lines.

2. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Pretty sure LSU has never played in the Rose. Wouldn't be too bad. Good matchup.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Fiesta is the first pick I think.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Rose Bowl would be great, with Michigan and the parade and all. But the Fiesta will not likely pass LSU up.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

IF LSU and USC both win out and LSU is screwed out of the Sugar Bowl for the National Championship I don't think I can get excited for any bowl that is a "consolation prize" In that scenario anything less than the Sugar Bowl is meaningless.

I HATE THE BCS!

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :angry: :angry: :angry: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

6. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Well, Herbie doesn't realize that we have a better than 50% chance to pass USC if we win out. But, let's hope our Tigers make them eat those words.

7. RollTideRandy

RollTideRandy Freshman

It would be cool to see LSU beat a top team like Michigan in the Rose bowl! It would happen too. Navarre is worthless on the road and I doubt Perry has a big day against LSU's "D"!

8. RebelRealist

RebelRealist Freshman

There's no national championship game in Pasadena!

The NC game is New Orleans and you fockers are going the complete opposite direction!

9. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

He said, with a trembling voice, that if LSU wins out they very may well pass USC to play in the Sugar. He was, clearly, disheartened by the prospect. Does anyone recall his exact words? It was something like: "LSU could go to the Sugar Bowl, as ridiculous as that sounds..."

I am just so sick of all these idiots annointing USC as the second best team in the country and the only team on the planet that could even give Oklahoma a ! Imagine the BCS controversy if USC and LSU both win out and LSU overtakes USC! Awesome for us because our team makes it, and awesome for all of us BCS opponents (and, yes, I will still hate, be opposed to, and want to do away with the BCS even if it does put LSU in the MNC !)!!!

All of the so-called "experts"will be going crazy, talking about how USC got screwed and how the system didn't work! Plus, think of all of the extra motivation this would give the Tigers in the Sugar Bowl, with the widespread belief that they were not the most deserving! Because the BCS is so stupid, every year I root for massive controversy surrounding it. This year is even extra special since my beloved Tigers are right in the thick of messing it up! Like the McNugget eatin' dork with poor taste buds says, "I'M LOVIN' IT!"

10. RollTideRandy

RollTideRandy Freshman

I say the new tie-breaker in the SEC East should be to give the Title to Southern Cal. Let them come to Atlanta and PROVE they're #2!