Herbstreit tonight on the ESPN special

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Aug 1, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He lapsed into a (Trev) "Albertsheimers" moment...

"My player of the year in the SEC is David Pollack. I went to see this guy in the offseason, and I've never seen someone more dedicated to working out and getting into shape."

How the hell can you not even be in the Top 5 players in your conference on your side of the ball (I'd say that Webster, Daniels, Spears, Simon of UT and Thomas Davis-ON HIS OWN TEAM-are better than Pollack!) and you're the POY?

He's a puddin...he got proven for the charlatan he is last year. When top teams come to play, he goes home to mammy and pappy. The same thing for David Greene.

I actually like the kid, and I think he's the type of player I'd love to have on our team, and any coach in D-1 would probably agree. But, if you think he can't play against US, then wait till he gets to the league.

Those defenses don't get anything but tougher after ours, Davey boy...

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

The Georgia "ifs" will have a hundred excuses again this season

If we would have scored on that play
    If we would have caught that ball
    If we would have not thrown that INT................

3. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

How about herbstreit's heisman candidate?

Reggie Bush? A sophomore?? Bush has a total of 531 yards rushing. And ZERO 100-yard games. And only 5 50+ yard games out of 13.

For comparison, Shyrone Carey had less than 200 yards less than Bush while playing in 5 less games. And a 100-yard game.
    Joe Addai had 11 less yards in 1 less game.
    Alley Brousard had almost 400 yards in 4 less games than Bush. He also had two 100-yard games.
    And of course Justin Vincent, a player the same age, had 470 more yards, 8 more touchdowns, and 5 more 100-yard games, while playing in the same amount of games a Bush.

I mean really, what has the kid done to deserve any kind of All-Conference talk, much less Heisman talk. His numbers are comparable to our 3rd and 4th string.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well I think the USC hype is outta control but Reggie Bush is a stud. Ive watched him many times on satellite and he is the real deal. whether his o-line is enough is another story. of the 3 backs there he is the emerging star.

that being said...I thought herbstreit was most credible but tonight i agreed with zero of what he said outside of maybe Bush being a great player. He was so far off on most his comments...mainly the SOS being considered in the AP's votes is laughable! Corso was right on for once. agreed with everything the loon had to say.

5. DJ

DJ Founding Member

Pollack?

Pollack is a good player, but he isn't even the best DE in the SEC. Marcus Spears is a better run defender than Pollack. Spears is taller and blocks more passes. Spears is also able to drop into pass coverage, which I am not sure Pollack is even asked to do in Richt's defensive scheme. I'd like to have a player like Pollack on LSU's roster, but I would not trade him for Spears.

Derrick Johnson of Texas or Corey Webster would also have been better choices than Pollack as the best defensive player in the nation.

6. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

I'm not saying Bush is not good; I think he is a great athlete. But we are talking about the award for MOST OUTSTANDING player in the COUNTRY. And an award that has NEVER gone to a sophmore. And a running back with the same amount of hundred yard games as me. I don't doubt that he will be great this year, and MAYBE in a year or 2 deserve Heisman mention, but this year? I can think of 3 freshmen RB's in the SEC alone that had as good or better years last year (JV, kids from UGA and SC). Just seems like a lot of hype.

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Kirk and Eli were at the Kentucky Derby this year and they were both getting Tigerbaited. Kirk would just laugh it off, Eli was gettin Pissed. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

8. Justin Credible

Justin Credible Founding Member

Eli gets......

pissed real easy. He won't last long in the NFL. :cry:

9. SmokeUBiatch

SmokeUBiatch Founding Member

i love it guys cant even go to the kentucky derby and escape tigerbait
    way to represent

10. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

And he ended up being a coaches and media All-American for the 2nd straight year....oh yes, he won Defensive POY in 2002. :thumb: