Herbstreit tonight on the ESPN special

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Aug 1, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree. He kept turning around with this puss face, like he wanted to beat people up for yellin "Tigerbait", he's gonna get a spankin in the NFL. Herbstreit would just start laughing at em. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Southlink02...How man times will I have to say the name Jonathan Sullivan to you before you realize this poor kid has been living the life of a latter day Alex Brown ever since then?

It's obvious that he's not the talent others make him out to be. Against an average offensive lineman like Rodney Reed, he was neutralized. Against an excellent offensive lineman, he was totally outclassed, outplayed, and taken off of his feet and set onto his ass time and time again. We both watched the game. I probably have 10 times as many as you have. He played like a puddin.

If you think that being an All-American means that you dominate against lesser teams, and then check out come crunch time, then you sir have no idea of the meaning of the term. An All-American transcends all competition and his talent, heart and dedication help him perservere.

Chad Lavalais didn't against everyone. Spears did it against everyone. Wilkerson's done it against everyone. Whitworth's done it against everyone...

David Pollack...does it against everyone but the best...Which is what 2nd team All-Americans do, I guess, right Southlink?

3. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Yet without Sullivan he made the coaches 1st team All-American team and media 2nd-team so obviously he did have another great year. You say he doesn't do it against the best yet has utterly killed Tennessee the last two years, took apart Clemson and Whitehurst, and had very solid games against Auburn, USC, and others....he didn't do well against LSU and it makes him horrible? Whats even worse for him is that against Auburn and USC....his stats should have been higher but without him pressuring Whitehurst in the first game, an INT doesn't happen and without him pressuring Jason Campbell to run, the INT doesn't happen which was run back. So he has done it against top teams that he has faced. The list goes on...Lavalais had Spears and Hill around him.....damn good company if you ask me.

You say its obvious yet don't have any ground for it when he continues to make All-American teams and has a SEC POY trophey (which your mocking someone for saying he can win a 2ND ONE!)....and an SEC Title.

If you want to say he won't be an NFL star...so be it. I am far from an NFL scout and yet I realize his body size is a bit small.

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Pollack is as deserving of his awards as Harris from Oklahoma.

Another gem from the three gentlemen who road the short bus was Robert Meacham, the WR that LSU could have signed but chose not to, is going to salvage the Vol Titanic.

You sometimes wonder if those guys actually watch football games. After LSU shut down the mighty Sooner offense, even after Mauck kept giving them chance after chance, they still want to label Oklahoma the "top defense in the country".

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Alex Brown sure as sh!t made 1st team All-American that year he destroyed UT and no one else...Does that mean he deserves the writers and the coaches accolades bestowed upon him?

He played one good game...In Pollack's case, he had one good year, and that was because he was not the focal point of an offensive scheme. You saw what he was capable of against superior competition. He did not compete. He wilted. Like a wet french fry under the lamp at McDonald's, baby...

Tennessee? Clemson? Auburn? Hmmm...13 losses combined for those three teams if I'm not mistaken...We all know about the total disarray that the first and third programs are in, and Clemson's firing TB one year, saying he's a Messiah the next...Hardly dominant programs last year, by any stretch of the imagination...

Like I said...Let him dominate LSU, and let him dominate top flight competition. When he does, I'll be the first to say he deserves it. But, the guy got put ON HIS ASS against the #1 team in the nation when the lights and the cameras were on, titles were on the line, championships of his to be defended...twice.

That ain't no All-American, baby...

6. SouthLink02

Brown's list of awards for his senior year goes on for several sentences. He actually had a decent senior year. His game-high tackles was 7 that year...against LSU and against Auburn he was credited with a TBL, forced fumble and pass deflection. along with two tackles for loss, including a sack and two pass deflections against Maryland in the Orange Bowl. Not sure how he had just 1 good game.

As for top-flight competition, you can slice it anyway you want but Tenn ended the year 15th, Clemson killed them and ended in Top 25 final poll, Auburn went bowling....if those teams aren't top flight competition....are you calling the SEC a joke?

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

SouthLink, Will you be in Athens for the LSU game? I met the "dawg pound" I believe last season. I hosted a party for the Krewe of Ragoo and the Dawg Pound at a local club. Great bunch of guys.

The rest of the Georgia fans I met in Atlanta were pure Aholes.

8. SouthLink02

Of course. It's my senior year at Georgia so I have my entire family going. My entire family went to LSU, all my friends went to LSU....list goes on. I am very excited.

I almost put something together with this site, ie buying a place out but in the end the prices were just insane for downtown athens that week.

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

How did you end up in Georgia? I'm assuming your family lives in Detroit? Is that where you're from?

10. SouthLink02

I am actually back in Athens now. I worked for the Tigers this summer and haven't updated my location yet.

Born and raised in New Orleans/Baton Rouge.....wanted to be a Journalism major and UGA has one of the best in the country so I took the financial help that Georgia offered me and went. Kind of a weird family....sister went to Tenn...me to UGA....but everyone else in my life is an LSU alum or student.