Herby is Hot and Bothered over Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Sep 4, 2006.

1. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm sure some of you saw on ESPN with Herbstreit talking about the Miami/FSU game tonight.

I couldn't believe the gushing over Miami that was going on. He is claiming that not only that Miami would win but after the FSU game people would start paying attention to Miami and consider them for the NC. He said he was calling it that Miami will be playing for the NC or they will be in contention.....something of that nature.

Then he started bragging about how awesome their defense was and how Kyle Wright will have a great year.

I couldn't believe the nonsense..... Does he not remember the slaughter LSU put on them in the Peach Bowl, with a 2nd string QB? That defense was awesome wasn't it.

He is a joke. How about make up you're mind who you are going to back for the NC and stand by it instead of getting your jolly's with a different team each day.

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

last year = this year???

3. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

the defense of miami is almost completely the same defense we faced.

(hooray for my first post)

and edgerin (sp?) james is a moron. i'm glad joe addai was selected in his place.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, Holly Rowe should know better than to use big words like "swagger".

At least the announcer admires him because he turned down big money to keep his dreads and gold caps.

5. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Then he said he is glad people were saying they lost thier swagger because he bets on them and they make him a lot of money.:hihi:

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

What else do you have to go on? Herby was bragging about how awesome their defense will be and he hasn't seen them play, the only thing you have to go on is last year. Yes he maybe considering the fact that there is a new coordinator but that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to be better does it?

This team was beaten several times last year and much of it was due to the defense and they got pounded in the Peach Bowl and Herby comes out and makes a statement that, Miami has a great defense and the offense will be really good and they will be title contenders.

I just don't think there was enough justification for those comments and I'm sick of hearing the gushing over teams, before the first game is played, that have a whole lot to prove.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I am really happy that Herby was wrong on this. I was pulling for FSU last night because of Herby's comments on Miami.

Well herby and korso have really screwed the pooch on their picks. It's like they want to go out on a limb and want to pick a team for the NC that no one else is, so that in the event they are correct they look like geniuses. In the event they are wrong no one will remember at the end of the year what their picks were.

But the thing that bothers me is that they try to sell the odd ball pick they made to the public. It just gets ridiculous and tiresome to listen to the morons.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Those who know real college football to it's core, know that the Peach Bowl was an aberration. Yes we played well and yes we are definitely good enough to beat Miami, but Miami just didn't show up for whatever reason.

It's ignorance on your part to base how Miami will do this season on ONE bowl game. What about the fact that they won 9 games last season (blowing out the eventual ACC champs in the process 27-7). What about the fact that they still statistically had one of the best defenses? What about the fact that they still have some of the top talent. What about the fact that they still have a coach that has won a NC at Miami. All these facts and you base your opinion on ONE bowl game?

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

JP4LSU, using your logic, why is Auburn ranked 4th? I mean, Wisconsin beat them 24-10 and the Wissies aren't even ranked this year. Shouldn't that make Auburn ranked about 67th?

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Along those same lines, do you think WVU is head and shoulders over us right now. Because UGA blew us out and then got man handled by WVU in the Sugar Bowl. So based on your logic, WVU would smack us clean out of the stadium. Bowl games are great, but they aren't a very sound reflection of the current or following seasons performance.