Herby is Hot and Bothered over Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JP4LSU, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I think he also said something about, "Everbody that comes here knows it's three years and out (on to the pros)"

...So much for any remaining remnants of the student/athlete concept.

2. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

Not trying to split hairs here, but Miami lost to the eventual ACC champs by a score of 10-7. But I do agree with you about not judging a team based on how they did in a single game last year.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Once again, in your effort to denigrate any positive Tiger fan's comments you spew out a load of bull$h!t. For the 1st quarter and a half, Miami played LSU toe to toe and they were visibly fired up and skipping around like a bunch of schoolgirls. They stopped that crap after LSU punched them in the mouth a few times. They showed up allright. They just disappeared after we started kicking their arrogant a$$es all over the field.

4. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Ok, some of you make good arguments with Auburn and WVU logic. Yes maybe I placed too much emphasis on the Peach Bowl because Miami just didn't show up, etc etc, just like Auburn didn't show up against Wisc.

My intention was not to base my opinion on the Peach Bowl, but Miami wasn't very impressive last season. They lost to FSU the ACC champions and Miami had 2 losses in an unimpressive ACC, with 3 good teams, while losing to GTech.

Yes I agree a team shouldn't be ranked based on their bowl game performance but more on the players and the coaching potential. Even with that though, I don't see a lot of justification to go on and on about how Miami will be in the NCG. I still believe it is more of a matter that Herby wants to make a somewhat out of the blue pick and hopefully look like a college football god at the end of the season, than pick a team that has a lot more potential to be in the NCG.

I guess these dumb@ss picks keep things interesting for the viewer and brings us back so we can get mad at them all over again each weekend. I'm sure I'll be watching on Saturday, waiting to see what the idiot will say next.

I used to somewhat like these guys but they are really grating on my nerves the last couple of seasons.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

It wasn't all that long ago that my wife made me watch the finals of some show called, "So You Think You Can Dance" (or something like that).... It's been easier for me to tolerate the ESPN guys ever since.

6. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

:rofl: I watched some of that because my wife is a TV hog. I saw the 1st few episodes and got a kick out of master P looking like frankenstein.

I saw a commecial that Emmitt Smith was going to be on the next one. How low has TV gone and how low has a Hall of Fame player gone?

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You never cease to amaze me with your ignorance. I mean this in the most affectionate way, you're an idiot.

8. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

You are correct, I was thinking of Vtech that was Coastal Division champs. My mistake.