here are some numbers for our guys in the draft from LSU's pro day today.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Mar 12, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Forty times

Now we know why Hookfin couldn't cover the faster WR the last few years.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Re: Forty times

LOL Good lord our LB was faster then he was....

4. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

Damien James? Man we missed him. But does anyone know why he quit mid season, and now wants to tryout for the NFL? He didn't help his stock in anyway by doing that. He was a promising athlete. The scouts probably question his commitment. I really hope to see him along with every Tiger on Sundays.

Domanick is an animal....he went off on the bench press at the NFL combines! He pressed it 22 times, thats up there with the DL and OL guys. Bradie James pressed it 16 times and Toefield hit it 19 times.

5. Hub

Hub Founding Member

DJ didn't quit he was kicked off the team. or more politically correct dismissed from the team

6. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

He was dismissed because he quit. He didn't show up for a week without even telling the coaches he wouldn't be there. If I just don't show up at work for a week I will be fired too. If you have a legitimate reason to be absent you tell your coache/bosses about it and get permission. You just don't abandon your team.

7. SeN-SaTioN

Things just don't add up in the DJ situation. How could a player that was on his way to possibly making 1st team all-SEC, and a leading senior safety on a winning team with a possible future in the NFL just calls it quits one day. AND NO ONE HAS ANY ANSWERS???

Then all of a sudden he shows up for Pro-day. Something missing here, and I would love to know what really happened that caused DJ to quit. Anyone have any insight?

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

No validity to this scenario

I hate internet rumor but I guess I'm just repeating what someone said on this board awhile back. One of our posters claimed that DJ failed a drug test (not sure what kind) and was the reason for being suspended for a game earlier in the season (or maybe the season before). Anyway, he had another random test right after the South Caroline game and knew that he would be kicked off the team if he failed it again. He expected to fail it so he just quit. When he tried to come back a week later, he was told he couldn't. I wish I really knew the correct version and details. Who knows?

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

All I know is that it was some kind of personal situation and no one elses business. That's fine with me. But whatever the reason, there is no excuse for jut going AWOL without telling your coaches you are leaving.

The fact that LSU is allowing him to participate now says 2 thimgs:

1. There are no hard feelings between the 2 parties

2. LSU has alot of class

10. SeN-SaTioN

Personally i would've probably taken my chances with another drug test. The worst that could happen would be getting kicked off the team. The story can almost justify his quiting....some of us can buy it.