Here are the numbers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Nov 12, 2002.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

As I found them on NCAA.com:

Total Off: Total Def:
    LSU-359 ypg LSU-246.4 ypg
    ALA-407 ypg ALA-249.1 ypg

Rush Off: Rush Def:
    LSU-210 ypg LSU-113.8 ypg
    ALA-208 ypg ALA-79.4 ypg

Pass Off: Pass Def:
    LSU-149 ypg LSU-132.7 ypg
    ALA-199 ypg ALA-169.7 ypg

Score Off: Score Def:
    LSU-29.9 ppg LSU-15.3 ppg
    ALA-30.8 ppg ALA-16.7 ppg

All signs point to a tough, close game. Tighten the chin straps, boys! This will be a good one!

2. glenlivet12

glenlivet12 Founding Member

I think so. Let's hope for a solid, injury-free, well-called game!

3. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

well-called game....

That would be nice.

Remember last time Bama played at LSU?? LSU recovered a fumble on a punt return and the only way the officials would reverse the call was for the LSU players to plead with the officials to look at the jumbo-tron replay.

The guy operating the jumbo-tron continued to replay the errant call. Everyone in the stadium was yelling, folks were cussin, ten year olds were chanting "bullshit," etc... Finally one ref looked at the replay and realized their error, but only after about a 5 minute delay in the action.

I have never been so close to running out on the field!!!

Do the Bama fans on this board remember that?

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

One thing that helps our defensive numbers is that ULL game. We gave up 71 yards, i think?

Anyway, i would suspect that most of the top defenses in the country statistically have a game like our ULL game. Oklahoma held Iowa St to +/- 70 yds if i remember right? didn't bama hold USM to around the same amt of yardage?

Is there any team that has just been consistently dominant.....with a good defensive average but not 1 game that helps hold the # low?

5. burlesontiger

LSU's Defensive Numbers:
    Team---------Rush-------Pass-----Total
    VT 166 65 231
    Citadel 132 104 236
    Miami-Oh 29 129 224
    MSU 88 161 249
    ULL 17 53 70
    UF 74 163 237
    USC 148 127 275
    AU 216 105 321
    UK 154 221 375

6. burlesontiger

In order to lead the nation in defense at this point of the season, you probably DO have to have at least one game like ULL. I don't know what the stats are like historically, but most likely most teams that finish with #1 ranking have a patsy game like that. It certainly helps to offset the Auburn and Kentucky games, but I am concerned about the trend.

7. burlesontiger

It is interesting to note that Citadel, MSU, UF, USC, and UK ALL had more yards than Va. Tech. Didn't we get "smoked" in that game? ;)

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

i don't like the last 3 game trend. hopefully it's not a trend.

this game scares the shit out of me......good running QB (aka S. Carolina....although we shut it down in the 2nd half).....good RBs (aka Auburn & Kentucky).

If we could just put together 4 South Carolina game 3rd quarters i would have not qualms about this game.....but what are the chances.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Va tech is misleading.

i remember getting back from that god forsakend hillbilly hole and reading the stats in the paper and if you had not watched the game and just read the stats you wouldn't have any idea who won.

we killed ourself in that game. blocked kicks, stopped running the ball for whatever reason, and turnovers.

there 166 rush yards is misleading also. Jones got about 40 late in the game on a broken play......should've been tackled for a couple yard loss and ran across to the other side of the field down to the one.

10. burlesontiger

That's my point. Everyone talked about how bad we got beat, but we gave that one away. 90% of it was played on our side of the field.