Here is a Bowden shocker!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Mar 4, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Leave it to Saint Bobby to defend what happened at CU and to attack Hnida. Maybe the leader of free shoes U wants to down play these allegations so if and when he is finally nailed he can say it is no big deal my players only raped a few women!!!!:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: :dis:

2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Maybe OJ will come to Scott Peterson's defense.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good one!!!!:shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock:

4. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Bobby Bowden will never win another National Championship. He had his day in the sun. I always enjoyed his comments on SOS and any other topics.

Plus that girl wanted it, you know she did..........

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Did Martha Stewart kill Laci Peterson?

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Par for the course.

Dude has ALWAYS been this way.

Saint Bobby...(snicker)...yeah, right...

I'd like to hear Nick's opinion...

7. eric d

eric d Founding Member

Here is the Bowden quote.

"I did not understand how a young lady can say she was abused, or whatever it was, two years later. At the time, why don't you go report it? It seems like you ought to report it right (away). So it makes me say, 'Well, did it really happen like that?"'

I don't particuraly like Mr. Bowden, but I don't have much problem with that statement, and I'll tell you why. A few years ago when I was still in school an acquantance of mine was accused of rape. He wasn't exactly a good looking guy, and was out drinking with some frat brothers when they met up with some sorority girls. This guy I knew hit off with a girl that was really hot. Too hot for him really. Long story short, they get drunk, and go back to her place. A few days later, he is arrested on charges of rape. This guy was kicked out of school, and his frat. When they finally get the girl under oath, it turns out that she lied because she embarrased for having hooked up with him, and wanted to save face.

I guess my point is, and I may leave myself open to criticism, that you can't exactly believe it every time a girl claims rape. Bowden's comments sound harsh, but the fact she waited 2 years, no charges have been filed, and a few other former players have come forward to say she is lying makes it seem questionable. I don't like Bobby Bowden, and think he is probably a cheater. However, in this case he makes a solid point.

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

I think that the simplest way for Ms. Hnida to establish some credibility here is to just come forward and give the authorities
    a name. If she was indeed raped, then she knows who did
    it...and now that she's put it out there on the table, there's no reason to hold back any info that might get the perp (if there truly
    is one) prosecuted. Until she does that, though, there will remain questions as to the veracity of her story. Remember, this is a
    young lady who has an axe to grind w/ the University of Colorado.

9. tigers

tigers Founding Member

I have been a member of this forum for some time and I enjoy all time spent here. The conversation is fun and informative, and it is a great time to be a TIGER fAN. I Just wonder, based on the comments made in this thread, if you guys have any idea what it is like being raped. I woman does not come forward for a number of reasons, most of all because you are made to look at fault. You are afraid and there is a great deal of trauma associated with the assault, and then of course you are not telling the truth, as you have so made perfectly clear. I realize this is not the forum for this discussion, but you guys started this thread. Don't speak of which you have no knowledge, and trust me you don't. You assume that since she waited she must be LYING. Why would any woman go there if she didn't have to. Put a little thought nto that one!!!!

10. tigers

tigers Founding Member

And od course G........the only reason she claimed to be rape was because she had a axe to grind with the university. HOW ABSURD!!!!!