Here is a link to email the NCAA

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LsuBruce, Mar 17, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Send an email if you feel strongly about it. If nothing else you'll get it off your chest and you'll feel better.

2. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

Mobile Bengal and SabanFan

Mobile Bengal,

I'm sure you, he and a lot of others feel that way. But at least you and the rest just read the post and moved on. Some, I'm sure, read the post, emailed the NCAA and moved on. But not this J_Oats character. No. He has to disagree with the post in public, as if to say "LsuBruce is stupid for posting this". This was done as a courtesy to anyone who wanted to email the NCAA. I didn't ask for this Joker to give me all this crap. I applaud you and all the rest MB, for not saying anything before now.

SabanFan,

I've sent an email and got the response a long time ago. I only posted this as a courtesy for others who felt strongly about it could get an explanation. This guy, J_Oats, just jumped to conclusions about why I posted it and what it was supposed to do and that if anyone emailed they're a whiner, etc., etc. We're sports fans and we get curious about things and there is not always parity and fairness in sports. It feels good to get explanations for those things every now and then. So now you know that I don't feel bad about anything nor do I need to get anything off of my chest. I just don't like when some bigmouth feels he needs to come out and attack someone that isn't doing him a thing.

3. SabanFan

Re: Mobile Bengal and SabanFan

I didn't direct my advice to you in particular. You do appear to be overly sensitive though.

4. msully

msully Founding Member

WOW!!!!!!!

I hope they the Lady Tigers score 100pts each game and hold the other team , let me see under 50pts a game that will do . As far as where they are playing it will not matter they can win anywhere they play they are that good . I do not eat french fries anymore so it is GO TIGERS !!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!

5. LsuBruce

LsuBruce Founding Member

SabanFan,
    I didn't mean that you were a bigmouth either. I directed that at J_Oats. This whole post is getting strewn out into more than it should be over this guy. All I meant for this to be was an outlet for fans to be able vent their frustration or get answers to their questions. I'm not going to argue the "overly sensitive" statement cause I can see where you might have thought I called you a "Big Mouth", and I didn't. Sorry for the misunderstanding, sir.

6. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

LSUBruce, you seem to be angry with me.

I have no animosty towards you, I think you are a sweetheart. If I saw you in the street, I'd call you angel eyes and give you a little courtesy tug, you know, just as friends, nothing gay about it.

I think you need to calm down and stop getting so angry. It's not a huge deal. There is no need to accuse me of being a lazy-eyed psycho, that was just uncalled for.

Love ya LSUBruce, Love ya TexasTigers.

7. SabanFan

A courtesy TUG? I don't know J. Sounds a little San Francisco to me?:)

8. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

What, a courtesy tug is gay to you? :p

I'm not saying I would enjoy it, I'd only do it out of respect. :D

9. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I have been reading this thread, and have found it kind of humorous. I agree that it is ridiculous that LSU has to travel to Oregon to play, but the first round game is against a team that LSU already beat by 51 points this season. It is also possible that the Tigers will play Washington in the second round. Washington lost by 22 to Wash. State this season, and LSU beat Wash. State by 37. Not to mention the fact that Texas and Arkansas are in that bracket, and LSU beat both of them pretty soundly. The toughest challenge will probably be in the round of 8 against Stanford, and that is on the Cardinal's home court. It is wrong that the Tigers have to travel so far, but the NCAA said a while ago that it will address that in later years. This is only the second year that the women have had predetermined sites to play.

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Whether emailing the NCAA will do anything or not. Let's think about what there is to complain about:

#1 Seeds travel time and distance to the arena of their 1st (and 2nd, 3rd, etc) round game:

Tennesse 30 seconds; 50 yards
    Conneticut: 30 seconds; 50 yards
    Duke: 1 hour tops; 60 miles
    LSU: 8 hours; 2,000 miles (best guess)

Assuming all the #1 seeds advance, How many games the #1 seed "can" play in their home state, prior to the final 4:

Tennessee: All
    Conneticut: All
    Duke: All
    LSU: None

Assuming all the #1 seeds advance, How many games the #1 seed may have to play on a lower seed in their regions home court, prior to the final 4:

Tennessee: None
    Conneticut: None
    Duke: None
    LSU: 2

Whether it will work or not there is something to complain about.
    The general complaint of how you treat higher seeds is legitimate and should be conveyed.......focusing it on LSU won't get you $hit.

Tigers should have been sent to Ruston to start and send LA Tech elsewhere.