here is the real reason Booty was fired from Evangel

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

This is just now starting to leak out in the Shreveport area, but here is the RUMORED reason Booty got fired from Evangel.

Denny Duron, OC at Evangel, took $200,000 dollars out of the Evangel athletic funds account to purchase a recording contract for her daughter in Nashville. Booty found out about the missing money and confronted Duron. Duron told Booty to mind his own G.D. business and he fired him. Booty reported the incident to the High School Athletic Association (whatever it is called), and now the entire case is under investigation. Word has it that the Evangel football program will be gone by next year. Enrollment is already dropping b/c of a couple of homocides in the area. Couple that with the fact that Booty is starting his own football team at Calvary, and you have the demise of Evangel. Trust me on this one, I was just as shocked, if not more, to hear this news.

2. roygu

roygu Founding Member

And all the good bretheren shouted Hallujah. Then all the true Saints(anti ECA) smiled.

3. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

I thought Booty followed John David to California?????

4. Tuwho?

Tuwho? Banned Forever

who gives a crap about Booty, Evangel or any of the other aforementioned religious wackjobs.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I thought father booty went to California too, but apparently he didn't....Either way, I don't care...

6. nuttie

nuttie Founding Member

From what I hear the missing money part is true. Mr Booty did a lot of fund raising for the school and then didn't agree with where the money was being used. He is helping start a football program at Clavary Baptist Academy in Shreveport. They will be adding a varsity program next year.

For the few who care.

7. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

so how will Calvary get those 20.5 year old seniors that were the key to Evangel's success?

I think the whole state would be better off if all the Bootys moved to Cali.

8. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

wow. Evangel without football?

9. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

my apologies, Denny Duron is the OC at evangel not HC...Dunn is the HC but Duron is the one who was once accused of raping a girl (gee, wonder how he got out of that...$$$), and the one laundering Evangel's money

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Advocate in Baton Rouge publishes statewide High School statistics weekly. I don't remember his first name but the Evangel quarterback this years last name is Duron. I also see where Evangel's record so far this year is 3-2. Evangel has a road game scheduled against De LaSalle HS in California who has won over 100 consecutive games. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN and I believe that the game is this week. Normally I would root for any Louisiana team over any Left Coast team but if De LaSalle wins by 70 or 80 points I won't lose any sleep over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.