Here We Go Again: 2 Big 10 Teams in Top 5

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TC, Sep 30, 2007.

1. northernLSUfan

northernLSUfan Founding Member

At least our coaches have enough sense not to 'go postal' during a game and run onto the field to choke an opposing player after an interception. I guess instead of calling it 'going postal' they should just call it 'going Woody Hayes'.

2. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Man - for a fan whose school is supposed to be in the Top 5, that's all you got?

Maybe you just need some rest.

I won't even bother explaining to you how you just paid LSU a compliment by pointing out how popular our coaches are across the country right now.

Update: I guess the post that this was a reply to was pulled??

3. edyel

edyel edyel

Buckeye,just kidding,I respect tOSU and know they keep going up in the rankings each week. The Boilermakers will be the first real test for ya'll this year and it will be a great game to watch. I work with hardcore buckeye fans and do not disrespect their team,hell I work in Cincinnati so I am in the thick of it. There are a lot of games yet to be played and anything can happen, except ND winning, so lets enjoy the college football season and may the best team/conference win. LONG LIVE COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!

4. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Founding Member

I don't know why my reply was deleted, maybe because I mentioned CLM?

I respect LSU too. I just don't like how people trash us because of our schedule or conference which we have little control over.

Actually we will play the USC Trojans in the next 2 years, so we are definately trying to improve the schedule part.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Nah....since they've played App St, and ND....the hard part of their schedule is over. It's smooth sailing from here.

6. edyel

edyel edyel

I don't believe anyone on this board is trashing tOSU and this particular thread is not really trashing the Big 10. Fans of college football are die hard live and breathe for their team/conference. Coming to an LSU/SEC board and expecting any props for the Big 10 is simply setting yourself up for disappointment. In the past the Big 10 ruled the game but that is in the past and lately the SEC is KING. Scheduling is done years in advance and no body has a crystal ball to tell them what teams to schedule in order to win. The days of ND,Mich.,Penn ST.,tOSU winning it all every year are over. Any team any given Saturday. Even a DII.:thumb:

7. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

Everyone knows that the Big Ten is the second best conference in football, right behind The Pac-10.

8. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

Just think if Michigan wouldn't have lost those 2 games, there could 3 Big 10 teams in the top 10.:shock:

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

having Ohio St and Wisconsin in the top 5 is crap.

they have beaten
    Wisc---WashSt, UNLV, Citadel, Iowa, MichSt
    Ohio St-YoungstownSt, Akron, Wash, NW, Minn

they are ranked that high not because of who they have beaten, but their name. UK, BC, and USF should definately be higher and possibly Cinn.

but its no surprise that the voters do this. same is true for So. Cal and UF.

10. Buckeye Fan

Buckeye Fan Founding Member

I agree that neither of them has beaten anybody, but this is just a fact of college football. We're only a few weeks into the college football season so we have seen very few ranked vs. ranked matchups. Last year this time Ohio St went to Austin to beat #2 Texas, but this year it's a little different.