Here's an idea...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StarscreamLSU, Sep 16, 2003.

1. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Just an idea some people at my tailgate had this past weekend. If the athletic foundation were to gut all the old dorms in the stadium, remodel them and open it as a hotel -- would you stay there? How much would you be willing to pay (realistically)?

We thought it would be a cool idea that would definitly generate money.

Just a thought.

2. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

hell yeah i'd stay there....if they did some serious remodeling...i would pay whatever the competitive price for area hotels are...no more than 100 per night

3. IAM4LSU2

IAM4LSU2 Founding Member

They should rent them out to tailgaters. Place to store your tables, etc. A power outlet and maybe a bathroom. I think that would go over better than a hotel. Just an idea.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The plans are already in the works...This idea was given to the AD some years ago...

We floated an idea to refurb the dorms and either give first dibs to those who "park" in Lot A to tailgate at around 5:30 every Saturday, so we can open that up to REAL tailgaters, or displaced RV's...

The problem at first became the cost effectiveness level of removing the asbestos. The costs associated with removing all the asbestos from the building would be and is a SERIOUS amount of the $ associated with the endeavor.

They'll be much like the cabooses at South Carolina...

I hope they'll revive a tradition of mooning fans by students who lived in the dorms...In olden times, photographers were set to shoot the dorms to see which room was responsible for mooning, and disciplinary action was taken...

This project is in the works, and it's a result of the seat price increases, from what I've heard...

5. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

I heard they were doing that as well. Boy, talk about needing to insulate them well. Imagine sleeping during games. LOL

6. SEN

SEN Founding Member

LSU students don't sleep during games.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I posted a similar idea a few weeks ago. Remodel the dorm areas into luxury condos with direct access to the Stadium Club suites of the the condo and luxury box owners. This would bring in a lot of extra money but unfortunatlely it is way out of the price range for most of us. There is no way that LSU would ever do it with $100 a night rooms. If they would do that and hold at least one condo-Stadium Club suite for non owners I would be willing to pop for up to a grand for at least one game a year as long as it was a big game.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'd rather see the old dorms demolished. They are in terrible shape and it has never been economically feasible to renovate them. It would open up the old ramp areas under the grandstands and endzones to some badly needed light and air. It would also make room for bigger and better restrooms, concessions, Tiger Gift Shop, etc. Make be even some cafe/club areas for the sideline guys that are going to be paying big bucks next year.

The old dorms would be the most expensive, noisy, no parking, hard-to-get-to, claustrophobic hotel rooms I can imagine.

9. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Please don't turn them into hotel rooms. That would be the worst idea I have ever heard of. They would have to charge skyrocket high rates to cover the fact that it would only be used 7 weekends a year and I would much rather use them for a tailgating rooms...

10. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

red, you are right on the money with this one. I would love to see this happen too.