Here's an idea...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StarscreamLSU, Sep 16, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The cost effective part of the equation that was holding up the project has been hurdled. With all of the ticket plan increases, the state magically conjuring money up to renovate the P-MAC, and other situations developing, it means there's more $ to throw at the problem.

The main cost isn't the renovation. That's simple. It's the removal of the asbestos. That's a tricky, OSHA-hazardous undertaking that will eat up the lion's share of the costs associated with this.

red55's assertion of it "never" having been economically feasible WAS true. It is feasible now.

It won't be a hotel room situation, because the Lod Cook Alumni Center wouldn't allow for it. Their hotel, as well as the hotel LSU is planning on building near the New Music Building (as part of its 20 year Master Plan) would be hindered in their development by a hotel so close and so attractive to Tiger Stadium.

The dorms will be renovated to be a type of suite where LSU fans can par-tey at if they so choose. Many say that they'll be priced out of normal Tiger fan's reach. I disagree.

Tiger Den Suites are out of normal Tiger fan's reach. Stadium Club seats are out of normal Tiger fan's reach, but by the time those two sections fill, Tiger fans with a moderate amount of discretionary income would probably be able to afford the price, all things considered.

I don't think they'll price them outrageously, but I think that they will be somewhat expensive. There are no free rides anymore, of that you can be sure...

2. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I really like Red's idea. They need to tell us what they are doing with our money besides just saying "fixing things that need fixin"

I want to know when, why, where and how?!?!?

I've been saying for years now that the dorms need to be fixed into something. Tiger Stadium is beautiful right now but would look soooo much better if they pressure washed it, redo the entrances and windows, and knock out the dorm space and use it for SOMETHING!!! Wasted space is wasted money. Thats my two cents...