Here's someone with a little too much time on their hands.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, May 15, 2003.

1. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

lol, oh man, i am the exact same way! I have a Math Final tomorrow morning at 10. sucks, but summer is SO close. good luck with yours

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

10am?? That weak buddy, I have one at 730am! For statistics for God's Sake. Oh man I hate this class. While I am studying my rommies and neighbors will be downing some beer tonight:(

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

This guy has more time on his hands than anyone I know..Maybe it was Mike Price...He probably has some time on his hands...

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does even Mel Kiper Jr spend that much time doing what he does?
    This huge realignment of all the conferences is not going to happen. Either Boston College or V Tech will be left out of the ACC. V Tech makes more sense than BC for the ACC geographically but then there is the Boston TV market to consider so they will probably take BC. They leaves V Tech looking for a BCS conference to join. The SEC would be the logical place for them but the SEC is not going to kick Vandy out. It would take a huge financial incentive to get Vandy to leave voluntarily and if the SEC booted them out it would be in the courts for years. The Big 12 is not going to kick Missouri out either so there is no room for Arkansas even if they wanted to leave the SEC for the Big 12. The Big 11, uh, Big 10 would love to add Notre Dame but the Irish make too much money being an independent and not having to share their TV money with anybody. It would make sense for the Big 10 to add Pittsburgh and give Penn State an in state rival as well as having 12 teams so they could have a conference championship game for huge bucks. Sorry V Tech - They have built their program to a national quality level over the last few years but they appear to be stuck with whatever the Big East will be for at least the next few years. I think that the Big East will try to add some of the better teams from conferences like Conference USA and the MAC as well as maybe West Virginia.
    Maybe Louisville, Southern Mississippi or Marshall. The Big East started as a basketball conference and only reached a football BCS level when Miami joined. They have a bunch of members like Georgetown, St. Johns and Seton Hall who don't even play football.

Also I don't think there will ever be a guaranteed BCS spot reserved for a mid major team. Sure if a team like Fresno State or Marshall goes undefeated and has a few quality wins over at least decent teams in the big conferences they deserve consideration but I believe that a 10 - 2 or 9 - 3 Tennessee, Georgia, USC, UCLA, Colorado, Kansas State would get the BCS bowl over a mid major every time unless one of that teans losses was to the mid major team under consideration. Who would bring more of their fans to the Rose Bowl? a 12-0 Fresno State or a 10 - 2 Arizona State? or to the Orange Bowl? 12- 0 Marshall or 9- 3 Florida?