Hester, Dorsey "Letter"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Oct 17, 2007.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Re: Hester, Dorsey "Letter" to Students

Props, best way to handle it. Nothing works against the grain of the student body than the admin. telling them how to behave. Peers on the other hand are respected as social equals and are simply asking for responsibility. Human nature my friends.

Can't we all get along,
    Fur

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

this brought a smile to my face. awesome!!

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I hope the student section responds in a positive way. It's their chance to show what a great University we have. I would hate for a major network get in trouble because of profanity and we miss national coverage for a game someday. That would be very damaging.

If the students cme up with a cool non-profanity chant. They would get rave reviews nationwide on how loud our student section is. With profanity they just damage our reputation.

4. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

I wonder where all the "free speech" protesters went? I'm glad someone finally stood up against the idiocy that's been plagueing the student section for the last few games. Hopefully they can be LOUD and not vulgar for the Auburn game. Again I love the intensity of the student section but they need to be mature about it and bring the noise (not vulgarity).

5. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

I sent it to my brother and cousin who are student to make sure they have read it and to pass it on to all of there friends that attend game so they can represent LSU with class.

1 person likes this.
  6. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

This would also show some intelligence. It seems like the Fbomb comes out whenever people can't think of anything intelligent to say.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Re: Hester, Dorsey "Letter" to Students

Yes, lsutiga, after 16 years of teaching English, I can spot just little "things" about writing that are the mark of a student.

8. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I, for one, will admit that the first way I react to someone scoring against LSU is an immediate f-bomb, whether out loud or to myself. When the chants start its not like everyone stands around and debate about something smart that can said. Its a spur of the moment reaction.

Now that students are aware that the team has a problem with it (or at least 2 star players agree with a letter written about it) they will be less likely to start chanting and there will be more people telling them to shut the f up.

1 person likes this.
  9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

The student section should coordinate something where they all hold up a poster board all at the same time and it made a big "Censored" sign. That way they could vent their frustration without it being heard on national TV and whatnot.. I think it would be hillarious, yet harmless. :lol:

10. OpelousasLSUFan

OpelousasLSUFan Founding Member

:rofl: That would be funny!!!:thumb: