Hester, Dorsey "Letter"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Berge, Oct 17, 2007.

1. LSUguy31

LSUguy31 Guest

I don't see a reall issue about it. In other stadiums they throw trash and other objects. In other stadiums they cuss too. I think it's more of the fans getting into the spirit of the game and it's harmless dribbled chants to get a rise out of the other team. Just like the Tebow cell phone incident... and then him putting his fingers to his ears and pretended to be on the phone. He taunted us, we taunt him. It's all in good nature fun and Tebow and Florida know it.
    Fact is Florida is an achilles heal for LSU on seasons it seems to matter most. It's the nature of rivalries and don't think it makes LSU look bad... as a matter of fact I had several friends call me from other parts of the country watching the gsme... and they all said, "Damn we had no idea Tiger Stadium was such a hard place to play"... and said they wished their fans were into their schools as much as we are about Tiger football.

2. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I'd laugh my azz off if they came out with, "bleep you hester, bleep you dorsey." That would be funny, and I think students are much more effective when they bring out the snark instead of the curse words.

3. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

Not a chance in the world. The students are alot closer to and have more respect for the players than your average joe-message board soap box preacher.

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

it was more of a joke.
    but maybe there's some truth behind since you decided to take a swipe at me.

fyi, i earned this soapbox through 5 yrs in the student section (class of '99) with thousands of other average joe's. :wink:

"Your chants can be heard by the national television audience that tunes in from all over America. When those chants include offensive language, it only damages Louisiana State University. More importantly, these chants can be heard by young children in the stadium who come to see their Tigers play.

We need to support our team. You are important to our success. But that doesn't mean you need to insult our opponents. Let us, the players, take care of our opponents through competition on the field."

if the players have more respect for the students than us average joe's, why are they asking the students to amend their behavior and echoing what us message board wahoo's are saying?

1 person likes this.
  5. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Hester + Dorsey = class

PS. Kind of ironic that it was Martin who first suggested this approach.

Hopefully this letter will slow the slide.

1 person likes this.
  6. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

Freaking average joe! Always making good points and good SENSE!!! I just don't get it!

Where is that sarcasm emoticon?

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

true, his pragmatic problem solving skills will be missed. :bncry:

8. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Where did he go?

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Due to a bet with himself, which he lost, he will no longer be posting here. tirk called him on it, and won't post again until martin does.

10. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

With the attitude of some people on this board and others I think people seriously think we kill babies for fun and what not.

Go back and re-read what I wrote there bud. Maybe reading comprehension wasn't your strong suit after all your years in the Student Section. (I said the STUDENTS have more respect for the PLAYERS, not vice versa.)