HEY, BAMA!! WE'RE GONNA KICK THE HELL OUT OF YOU!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Swamprat, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Swamprat

Swamprat Founding Member

I live in the Mobile area and bama fans here really think the tide
    has a chance to beat LSU. Now I know LSU hasn't been playing
    up to par lately, but something tells me that's going to change
    come saturday nite. Coach Saban will have these TIGERS
    ready to play, more so than any game to date.

By the way, if any of you so-called TIGER fans leave the game
    prior to the final tick, no matter what the score, don't bother
    coming back in the future, I know plenty people that would love
    to take your place in TIGER STADIUM! :eek:ldskule:

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

How is Gulf Shores faring post-hurricane ?

3. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I'm so effin tired of people saying that those of us who leave the game prior to the "final tick" aren't true fans can. You're more than welcome to stay until the final tick, I for one don't feel the need to stay until the final tick if LSU is up by, oh say, 20 or more points. What's the point in staying when you have about 2 minutes left and your team up 20 points? Don't say it's because it makes LSU look bad in front of the recruits and on national television if the stadium starts to empty. You don't think that happens everywhere, look at Nebraska in the early-mid 90s do you really think they stayed until the end of every game?

By saying that if you don't stay until the very end doesn't make you a true fan, what about the people who didn't get tickets to the game and didn't even try, even though they live in the area? Are they any less of a fan because they had the means to get tickets but they didn't even bother because they could either A) watch the game on tv or B) listen to the game on the radio?

4. TIDE-HSV

TIDE-HSV Founding Member

Well, Gee!..

I was going to counter-attack, only to find out I was about to get caught in "blue on blue." :)

5. Seabriscut

Seabriscut Founding Member

'

Hopefully your right that we win, but I really don't see a blowout. I think we win by 7 or 10 points....this is a tough defense.

:geaux:

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The Crimson Tide has a chance to beat LSU.

Of course the Tide has a chance to beat us. Why would you think that they don't have a chance? Do you think that Alabama is Arkansas State or La. Monroe? Of course not.

Alabama is a good team and they will bring their "A" game to Tiger Stadium this Saturday. We will need OUR "A" game to get ahead early, keep the crowd in the game, deflate Bama's morale, and win the game.

If LSU has a bad game and Bama has a good game, LSU loses! Our talent and coaching are superior, but not by a great magnitude.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

i use to be one of the "stay until the end" types, but i dont do that anymore.

football is entertainment (STRICTLY...unless your career depends on it..coaches etc) and when its not entertaining...i have no use for it. when LSU is getting beat down (like the last time bama came to town) i leave. i dont want to see that crap. id rather be back at the tailgate having fun.

i left early during the troy game aswell. that was a lame, boring, disapointing game...against a team that nobody gives a damn about.

and ill have season tickets for the rest of my life. so until i die....there will be atleast one person leaving early.

8. Swamprat

Swamprat Founding Member

I'm talking about "SUPPORT"!
    Stand behind your team till the end!
    Coach Saban talks about playing a full 60 minutes of smash-mouth football,
    to play every down to the utmost focus and ability.
    The least the fans can do is support the team to the end, not giving in to
    "I'm gonna beat the traffic crap". I can understand duties one may have or
    some kind of obligation that may come up, but a mass exodus looks bad to
    the TEAM. If the score was close and the outcome is in question, you would
    stay, no what what you have to do after the game.
    So do what the hell you want, I don't give a s***, but those guys on the
    field do. Those guys are playing for pride win or lose, the least people can do
    is stay till the end, whether we're kicking ass or having ours handed to us.
    :geaux:

9. Swamprat

Swamprat Founding Member

The Shores fared fairly well, depending where you live.
    Most homes and buildings on the coastline were destroyed or damaged.
    Others were flooded and some had no damage.
    I live on the south shore of Bon Secour Bay, we had about 3 feet of
    water under the house (house built on piling) but luckily no damage to
    the sructure.

10. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

I never said anything about "trying to beat traffic" it's like Eleven said
    I support LSU wholeheartedly, I always have but it doesn't mean I have to sit through the whole game if I feel like going home. I left early during the MSU and the Ark. St game, I was also in the stadium an hour and a half before kickoff, oh no i'm a horrible fan. Screw what the team thinks of me, the team should care less about the fans and more about winning the game. They also shouldn't be playing the game to impress anyone, like T.O., they should be playing the game because they enjoy it and if people leaving early affects how they want to play the game maybe they should take a look at why they play the game.

I guess i'm also a bad fan since i'm not going to the game on saturday, even though i have a ticket, because I would rather get down to New Orleans to rest up for the Metallica concert that I will be attending on Sunday and getting out in front of the N.O. Arena around 6am to guarantee a good spot on the floor. I would rather get down to New Orleans around 4pm than midnight or later, if i stayed for the game.

Also, if you want to complain about anyone not "supporting" the team look at the scalpers. They are buying tickets at face value and then charging at least double what they are worth, if anything they are affecting the team because only the "wealthiest" can afford to buy the tickets and the people who have the most enthusiasim for LSU are left out in the cold, since they can't afford the ticket (I am in no way saying that wealthy people can't be great fans or have as much enthusiasm as anyone else, I was simply trying to prove a point.)

Coach Saban can talk about playing a "full 60 minutes of smash-mouth football" but guess what, Saban isn't my coach and the players have to listen to him because well, he is their coach. If Nick Saban was my coach or a superior then I would listen to him but since he isn't then I can do whatever the hell I see fit to do. One day I may go to a game and stay for the first 5 minutes of the game and then decide to leave because I feel sick or I just don't feel like staying at the game but that's my perogative and I don't want any jackass who thinks he's holier than thou and a better fan than everyone else to tell me what to do. So STFU.