Hey Guys havn't posted here in a while but just wanted to say...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by whaleofacock, Apr 9, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Yo Grad,

I cant post on the roundtable, so I'll tell you here, your post was really cute. I like the randomness of it. Out of the blue on a Saturday night you post about how bad my show is. You seem hostile. Is it something i said? haha:geauxtige

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

OOO that one stung a little bit. :thumb:

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Only one solution to LSU's baseball woes... and that is Jim Morris of U of Miami... and not Smoke Laval of might ULM.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Man crawfish that roundtable comment was nice. But, get your facts straight, i have a preference for Jack Buck. I'm not a big fan of joe. :thumb:

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Oh and Dutchtown Tiger, thanks for somewhat defending me.

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Buy less beef jerky at the truck stops you work at with Blake Andrews and then you can contribute the $19.99 to the forum....

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Dont like beef jerky. Boy, you guys sure do get angry in a hurry on here huh? I say something about fans in general, not just LSU fans, and then you guys start really sad threads on the roundtable. Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

This thread got out of hand really fast.

Thanks for stopping by whale. Fans such as yourself are always welcome aorund here.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

well grad I apologize for the thread taking a bad turn there. Again, I enjoy your posts and your a good contributor to the site.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

You are very correct about how people get so attached to a team that the team's fortune affects the fan's mood too much. I wish that I wouldn't get upset when LSU loses, but I do. I'd like to find a way to avoid this.

That's a good topic for a radio show. I'm not in your market, so I can't listen.

As for LSU baseball, well . . . all things must pass. Times are different. Who knows whether things would be different now even IF Skip Bertman is our coach? Nobody.

Who knows whether Smoke was not the best hire? Nobody.

Here's something we ALL know . . . Nobody will dominate college baseball like LSU did from 1991 through 2000.

We went to the CWS twice in the last two years. This may be time for a down year. Nobody knows for sure.

So what if the truth is that we aren't the best team in the SEC or even the SEC West this year? Go get em next year! We had a great ride, and it is unrealistic to think that we could sustain forever what we did in the decade of the 1990s.