Hey Guys havn't posted here in a while but just wanted to say...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by whaleofacock, Apr 9, 2005.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I see what you're saying buddy, and I agree, but look at all we're losing after this season. I honestly have NO problem with mediocrity. It's whenever things sink below that line of mediocrity when I have a problem... I have faith in our team! These guys are veterans, and obviously have talent. Hell, I even have faith in our coach. What he needs to do is be more emotional, and he needs to be a better motivator. If any of you played, or watch(ed,) high school baseball, I'm sure you can remember those small, scrappy, and not-so-talented teams that always had a loud mouthed coach who got the guys fired up. Just think what that could do for us! A guy like Les Miles is what baseball needs today. Not to bring Tulame into this, but Jones is the kind of coach you love to hate. Why's that? He gets fired up and argues "missed calls" with emotion. And USL, with Tony Robichaux... remember back when we had those oh-so-emotional games with USL? I like scrappiness and spunk in college ball. It's part of what makes the game so great. I see a trend in ALL college sports (mainly beacuse of big media hooplah surrounding NCAA sports these days,) where the sports are becoming more professional instead of amateur. Seriously, anyone want to disagree with that? The game as we know it has become tainted in favor of money by media whores. I don't *like* professional sports because it's too "business-like." To me, the appeal of college athletics is in the fact the kids simply want to play--they're not interested in money on this level (although that's changing with all of the huge signing bonuses and endoresments.) I'm just ranting on and on, I'm sorry about that... back to Smoke, I never *liked* him as a head coach--not that he was put on this earth for me to like. Honestly I can careless WHO the coach is as long as they take their job seriously, but who's to say he isn't? I guess that the man really could be a fired-up-ass-wad behind closed doors, but he surely doesn't act like it during games. Screw professionalism, this is college ball, it's about having fun! And to dispose of those inevitable flames: I'm not saying that we shouldn't teach guys to have class, but should that come at the expense of having fun? :geauxtige

2. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Maybe Smoke should try to bring in Cresse, Walker, Larsen or someone of that nature to talk to these guys, try and get them motivated. We just got swept by USC at home... we still have Ark (who beat USC 2/3 at Columbia), Vanderbilt (18-5 at home only due to a sweep at the hands of Baylor) and Ole Miss.... it doesnt get any easier. And the way this team is being coached and is playing we look to win maybe 2 or 3 combined in those series.

3. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

another question: does skip still sit in the dugout with Smoke and the guys ? I know he did in 2001-2003... cant remember if he still does.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

I don't think he still does... at least I don't remember seeing him in there...

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Man your digging your self a hole. Why don't go go over to their stinking forum then? Like crawfish said "Tiger Bait!".

6. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

B/c, I like to talk about whats topical here. I host a show here. I have to know whats going on and what people are thinking here. I dont think that I cause any problems here. All the things I say here are things I would say if i posted there. You guys think I talk about LSU fans, but what I say about you is what I say aobut them all as a whole. There are fans of St.Louis or Mizzou or whatever that get to attached to the team and all that and I say the same thing about them. As I've said, I enjoy posting here. Overall, the people are very levelheaded and talk is very good here. It's much better than other LSU boards.

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

See that crap up there.... I don't want some sorry, good for nothing fan of another team, who just happens to have a second rate radio show in my state, telling me how to act. I've got a bet for ya, I bet you don't last long down here. You know, now that I think about it, I wouldn't expect someone from Misery to understand us anyway.

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well I'm not going to get into some state war with you. But, I feel that way about all fans, not just LSU fans. You as well as others take stuff way to personal. This is the kinda stuff thats funny. Also, I dont think the fact that I'm a fan (not even a die hard, just a casual fan) of another school should give you grounds to call me good for nothing and this crap. I dont call you good for nothing.

9. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Look little scrappy, this is a forum. The majority of people on here are not your average just check the score in the sports page fans. We are die hard, bleed purple and gold, raving lunatics when it comes to LSU. I haven't said anything to you in the past, I've been reading your post though. Since we just got our arses handed to us for three straight days, it's safe to say I'm not in the best of moods. The last thing I want right now is an outsider.... thats right......an outsider lecturing me. Now go eat a scooby snack.

10. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

I actually do listen to your show, b/c bet. 11:00-12:00 is when I preparing for my daily luncheons and it is either you or El Rushbo which I do in fact listen to both. The one thing I do like about your show as well as Jimmy's in the afternoon that you all both call like you see it and that you are not just conducting a pep rally. You have callers that disagree you and inevitably there is usually a good dialogue, but try to find sponsors besides a truck stop in Brusly and the Golden Correl which is about as bad as John Fine's.