Hey I'm an Auburn fan and this is my first post

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by autigers00, Sep 20, 2002.

1. autigers00

autigers00 Freshman

Hey Tiger fans,
    I'm an Auburn University graduate and a new member on this forum. Hopefully you guys won't cuss me out or anything, considering how much you guys hate us. Personally, I have nothing against LSU. Even after the 88 earthquake game that cost us the national championship, LSU was always my second favorite SEC team. I've only been to Baton Rouge once and enjoyed my weekend there. That was in 97 and even though we won that game, the LSU fans that i encountered were still congenial to me nonetheless. If LSU fans wanna hate us, then fine, that's their preference to feel that way. However, I think that it's kinda ridiculous to compare our football program to Vanderbilt. which is something that i saw texastigers doing in his last post. Everyone in the SEC does not hate us, i think that's something that LSU fans have fabricated ever since the arrival of Tubberville. Honestly, we have been a pretty consistent program for the last 25 years and that's a fact that LSU fans can't deny. How can anyone call our program pathetic when we are only two years removed from the sec championship game? The pathetic teams in this conference are the Vanderbilt's and Kentucky's, football wise anyway. Unlike LSU, we haven't won the sec championship in a while but we have been close. We're not that far away. On the subject of Tommy Tubberville, I do agree with the sentiments of most LSU fans, i think that he can be a classless person most of the time. I didn't agree with the fake field goal last night or the cigar smoking incident on the LSU field in 99. However, to say that Auburn is a disgrace to the SEC just because of a few minor incidents, is ridiculous. We are a top five team in the SEC, along with your LSU Tigers. I think that our team has learned a lot from last year, especially from the 31-7 loss to alabama. However, this year we are back and i do believe that the SEC west champion will be determined in the Auburn-LSU game. To say that we are a disgrace to the SEC is a slap in the face to Auburn and LSU both. LSU doesn't exactly beat us every year ya know, and up until last year we did have a two game winning streak against you guys. Anyway, good luck guys as your tigers play for another sec west championship this year. Well, except in the Auburn game.
    War Eagle

2. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Very nice post. I used to enjoy the Auburn rivalry, until Tubberville got there. Too bad, that he is the way he is.

3. grote1947

grote1947 Founding Member

Auburn

Relax, Whether you're a prarie chicken, or the pussie on the plain we still don't start an LSU game with "go to hell Auburn". It's "go to hell OLE MISS". We like playing ya'll. The games are real barn burners. And if the coach ain't bettin against us we usually win.
    Remember;" it's not whether you win or lose, but did you make the point spread."

GEAUX TIGERS.... feeding time MIKE