Hey new to the site, a question also

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsusaint84, Feb 23, 2005.

1. lsusaint84

lsusaint84 Freshman

Hey, I'm new to the site, but not Tiger fandom. This looks like a great site, but really, I need someone to please answer a question for me. I'm about ready to get my first tattoo and I wanted to get the Tiger's Eye on the 50 yard line. The problem is, I cannot find a picture of it anywhere, if anyone would be able to help, it would be greatly appreciated! By the way, I was at the Bama Bball game last night, one of the best games I've seen at the PMAC, loudest too. Thanks in advance.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Welcome to the board! And think long and hard about getting the tattoo...that will be one very droopy eye someday!

Maybe consider getting something more timeless, like, oh, I don't know. "F Bama!"

3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

welcome to the board-

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

First off, welcome!

Secondly, I'm not your momma or poppa, but make sure whatever tattoo you get, is something that you definately want and won't ever get tired of.

I wanted a tattoo when I was 18, but told myself to wait until I turned 25 and see if I still felt the same way. Well, at 25, I still wanted one so I designed my own and got it on my right shoulder--where if I want to show it, I can, but if I want it out of sight, like for more "dressy" occassions or when it's just not proper, a short sleeve shirt can cover it up.

Now, on this forum, there is a thread on "old school helmets" (I bumped it up to the top, so you should find it easier). In the thread, some of our memebers, for fun, designed a new helmet logo. Two of them are of the eye of the tiger. The first, you'll see, is the more traditional-looking one--the one found on the 50 yardline (I think if you can save that image, blow it up and trace it, it would look pretty good). The other eye of the tiger logo is a more "moderized" version. The image may be easier to replicate/copy, but I don't think it's as nice looking--to many straight/sharp lines (and as any tattoo artist will tell you, NO "straight lines", when tattooed, will EVER be straight. So my advice, is to get something that naturally has curves.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the decision to get a tattoo!

:geauxtige

5. lsusaint84

lsusaint84 Freshman

Thank you, I've already designed a more tribal looking tiger eye, but i am debating whether I want to get that or the real deal. I will scan it and post when I get some free time. I have already considered where the tattoo will go, and I've decided either shoulder would be good, to hide or to show when I want. Thank ya'll for the suggestions.

6. Carface

Carface What the...?

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This is what I posed to my sons (one is 28, one 18) when they were considering tattoos:

Randomly pick 10 4th year male students from LSU Medical School. See how many of them have tattoos.

Next randomly pick 10 Angola inmates. See how many have tattoos.

You won't always be 18 and full of piss and vinegar. One day you'll be competing for jobs and regardless of what you think of your appearance, it's the perception of your prospective employer that counts.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

dont make the same proposal with med school women and inmates. it would be a tie.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Sometime soon I will be getting a LSU tattoo. I certainly can't have it anywhere visible though becuase well, I'd lose some clients. That's just the way it is. Anyways, I'll be getting mine on the bottom of my foot/heel.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You would not even have to ask the med school women if they have a tattoo. It would be clearly visible on their lower back at all times.