Hey new to the site, a question also

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsusaint84, Feb 23, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yep and the more reserved ones shoulder/ankle.

2. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

I have one of a rooster with a noose around its neck on my right calve. I got it when i was 17. The only reason i wanted it was to tell girls that i have a cock that hangs below my knee. Boy do i regret that. It looks cool and all but now i am 27 and married with two children. One day I will have to tell my children about why and I'll have to tell the truth because I will never lie to them. Besides that, now when people see it, it feels kinda corny to explain when they ask. And belive me, they do.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

KJN, I know hindsight is 20/20, but you should have realized this even at that young age:

It would have been MUCH easier to just wear shorts and let them see it for themselves. You wouldn't need a tattoo AND you wouldn't have to hope they understood your choked chicken symbolism!:thumb::grin:

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Absolutely. And I couldn't agree more. That's why mine is on my shoulder and can not be seen unless I have my shirt off. But you're right, you DEFINATELY don't want to have any tattoos that can't be easily covered because there's not 2nd chance to make a first impression.

I'm in Interventional Radiology (soon to be moving to Cardiac Cath) at Brigham and Women's Hospital (Harvard Medical School), and I'll be the first to tell you that in the 4 years I've been here (3 at Boston University Med Center and this, my 1st year at Harvard's medical center), I've worked with at least a dozen collegues that (ranging from doctors, x-ray techs, nurses, etc.) that all have tattoos. But none of us have them in places that are visible--not even in scrubs.

Well...all except for one guy. And ironically enough, it was one of the administrators (who had one on his forearm and we saw it one day when he had his sleeves rolled up. but every other time we've seen him, he wears long sleeves :) )

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:D

Sounds like something I would have done as well. I'm 27 also and at 18, I wanted something that, at the time, seemed so funny and "awesome" but I'm glad I waited till I was 25.

I don't nec. regret mine because 1.) I designed it and 2.) I told myself, at 18, if by the time I was 25 and still wanted one, to get one

But, on the flip side, now that I have it, it's not the "big deal" I thought it would be....so, in a way, I could probably have done without it and still feel no ill effects.

My fiance' made me promise not to get another one though. She just didn't want it to slowly grow and before we knew it, be out of control. I agree....hadn't really thought about getting a 2nd one anyway.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Couldn't just show them, eh ?

7. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

LSUSaint84, don't do it for the reasons cited above, but if you do here is an option:

8. qualey99

qualey99 Freshman

The hanging cock is worse than my friend who has "YOUR NAME" on his butt. He did it so that when he met a new girl, he could say "Will you go home with me if I have your name tattood on my a$$?" I must admit he was very sucessful with that approach back in the 70's. He is now an OB-Gyn guy in Mobile.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Had one put on my private thing when I was 17. It said, "Shorty's super Shell station---Chatanooga, Tennessee." In my older years, it just says "Shorty's" Choose wisely!!!

10. studentsect

studentsect Founding Member

What is his last name? I ask because I have a friend who's dad is an OB-Gyn guy in Mobile, and it would be really funny if his dad has "your name" written across his ass.