Hey Tigers... about your WRs

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by FloridaHawk82, Jan 16, 2005.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Iowa has been added to my very short list of teams I root for.

1. LSU

Other than that, Iowa is pretty much the only other program I really like right now.

I liked Oklahoma for a little bit because I had gotten to know a few of their fans and liked how they handled the rough situation in the french quarter last year, but for now I'm of the opinion that Stoops is overrated.

I always flip-flop on Texas. On one hand, I almost went to college there & like the school a lot and know some good people there. On the other hand, they are so cocky that I hate to inflate their ego more by rooting for them.

I like Iowa to win the Big 10 outright next year.
    GEAUX IOWA!

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I strongly believe that Iowa is on the verge of a NC.

My personal favorites to win it all in 2005 (not counting LSU) are Iowa and Texas. With OU losing so much this year, I think Texas will finally take care of the Sooners and there is a good possibility they go undefeated. Iowa is quickly becoming the class of the Big 10.

:crystal: :helmet: :crystal:

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"...who will be stepping up to fill the shoes of Roth and Babineaux, those guys were animals."

Good point on the "animals". Although the word is our D-line will be even better, we'll be waiting to see who the animals are. We've had Bob Sanders, now with the Colts, who was arguably the hardest hitter in the Big Ten, followed by Roth, who was (and is) simply half crazy. Both of these guys created an "attitude" that defined the way we played.

We'll see who steps up. We won't lack much on either side of the ball, but we could use some of your blazing speed on the outside. We don't have a Ted Ginn or Reggie Bush to "take over" a game. With a running game, Tate might have that potential, we'll see.

I think LSU is in a better position, if your QB comes through, to make a run. We may still be a year away.

How is your recruiting class shaping up? Can you finish with a top ten class??

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Davis was our go to guy on 3rd and 2nd and long IMO as the year progressed. Bowe worked his way into the open but had trouble hanging on to the ball during the middle part of the season, he also had some personal problems that may have caused his attention to wain at times. I think it was due to a sick family member but I am not sure.

The Hawkeyes are set for a run at the Big 10 Championship the next few years with great coaching and a lot of talent. Tate is a winner in my book, he makes the plays necesary and it poised in the pocket as well as having great mobility. If your injured RB's come back healthy and one of them fullfills his potential your offense is going to be very good. You will always have a good D I think under Ferentz. The front four is important and you will need players to step up. And that recruiting class Iowa is pulling in appears to be the class of the Big 10 even though I am sure Mich. and OSU will get players, they always do.

Do you guys play both of them this coming year?

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This thread should be held up as an example of what Brett had in mind when he started TigerForums. :thumb:

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Do you guys play both of them this coming year?

Yes, we have Michigan at home and tOSU on the road. tOSU is our first conference game. tOSU hosts Texas two weeks earlier, so their season and ours could be defined early.

The sleeper in the big Ten may be Purdue, not because they'll be great, but because they don't play either Michigan or tOSU..... which is only MORE reason the Big Ten needs to pick up a 12th team and have a conference championship.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Agreed. They should put the screws to ND, and give y'all a chance to kick their teeth in year in and year out! Kinda like a Mississippi State of the Big 10.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

can someone explain the meaning of the "t" in "tOSU"?

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

They refer to themselves as THE OhioState University.

10. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Didn't Duffy Daugherty refer to OSU as, "the other state university," and the, "the," part stuck?

But his best quote of all was, "A TIE IS LIKE KISSING YOUR SISTER!"