Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frog, Mar 22, 2006.

1. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Re: Hi eveyone

Not to be ticky tac but that town is actually spelled Wilkes-Barre. It's the last names of the two guys that claimed to found the town there. Something about the King of England giving out two charters for the same land. I have a client there. Pretty cool little town.

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Thank you for serving our country. My father was at Keesler for a while in the late 50's / early 60's. Always room for another LSU fan here.

3. www.six3.us

www.six3.us Founding Member

give this man extra fries with his burger... nicewon!

4. Frog

Frog Freshman

Hey, I try. :wink:

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

Is that you, Red ? :hihi:

Glad you found us Frog. Jump in.

6. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Yep, you're right. Next time you're there, ask someone for directions to the Semper Fi. Great little hangout. :thumb:

Sorry to hear that you're a dem, or moderate, or whatever frog. I'll just have to change your point of view. Chip in a few bucks and join us in Free Speech. It's worth it. :thumb:

7. Frog

Frog Freshman

I guess you missed that part where I said my opinions aren't controlled by mindless party politics.

I've spent the last three years listening to the inane rantings of both military conservatives and liberals. Neither side has any clue how to fix anything, but what they both tell you is that the other party doesn't have the answers either.

Like I said, I prefer common sense and you can't find that on the left or on the right.

8. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Red, your son has arrived. Military liberals? Must be an Airforce thing.

9. Frog

Frog Freshman

Ok, let me try and make this clear. :)

I'm not a liberal and I'm not a conservative. My ideas and opinions are mine and not derived from someone else's talking points.

I'm an pro-union, pro-life, and anti-gun control. I'm fiscally conservative. I'm in favor of stem-cell research and I think that welfare is probably the worst idea this country has ever come up with. I'm in favor of building a 20 foot high wall along the border with Mexico.

I'm also against the policy of the pre-emptive strike. I believe that our President should have served in a war zone before he can call himself the Commander in Chief.

So you can see that I'm not a text book conservative and I'm not a text book liberal. Judge me however you want. It usually helps people if they can put everyone they meet into a neat little box.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Welcome to the group. Hope you enjoy the AF. I did. Recently retired from the AF reserves. It's always good to hear from another Tiger.