Hi everyone

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frog, Mar 22, 2006.

1. Frog

Frog Freshman

I want to thank everyone for the warm reception I've gotten here. It's different from what I grew up with. :eek:ldskule:

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Re: Hi eveyone

Well, I am a Republican, and I certainly don't disagree with that.

3. Bengal Buddy

I resent that. I am a conservative Republican and an Air Force Reserve retiree. And proud of it.

4. Bengal Buddy

I don't think you find much common sense on the far right or the far left, but once you start getting into the mainstream conservatives and liberals you start hearing a lot more common sense. That does not mean of course that you necessarily have to agree with them, but both sides do make good. arguable points.

5. Frog

Frog Freshman

My main problem with both sides is that there are less and less of them who are actually able to defend what they say. More and more conservatives just parrott whatever Bush says and liberals parrott whatever Hellary or Kerry say.

My best friend in college was a far-right conservative and we had a blast debating politics because he was able to defend what he said and he was willing to admit when I had better ideas than him.

The problem with the current crop of far-righters and far-lefters is that most of them are either too dumb or too arrogant to admit when they're wrong. That drives me crazy.

6. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

good to see LSU has far reaching appeal

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Hmmm...I've either been cloned or I have a long lost brother I didn't know about.

I find it funny that most so-called conservatives have no idea what that term means. They think guns and babies are god given rights and no one should be able to tell them different. It goes much deeper. Anyway this is more suited for the Free Speech Alley...

Geaux Tigers:geauxtige

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Excellent point. Let's leave it at that and get back to LSU! sports.