Hierarchy - College Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Lil Jules, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Got a little excited there for a moment. Then I realized they went in alphabetical order.

3. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

stupid kings,.. think they're so big.

geauxtigs likes this.
  4. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

This writer must be smok'in crack. I do not know were he has been for the last five years. Michigan, Fla State, Penn State, Miami ---King programs? They struggled to have winning seasons, did not even come close to winning their own conferences and basically became run of the mill programs in my mind.

It is funny how he thinks that college football fans would not know a Georgia Bulldog helmet......of course they would know his precious Michigan helmet. I would be willing to bet if you put the two helmets on a table and asked a bunch of ladies from the south and north were the helmet was from, the ladies in the south would know Georgia's and the ladies in the north would know Michigan's.

In his mind records, bowl participation and championships do not matter that much.

5. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

It's not that records etc dont' matter. The point is, it takes a long time to move up or down in this hierarchy. A very long time. These are premier programs, not premier teams or coaches or whatever. Longevity in all aspects is the key here.

6. SaintSlidell

SaintSlidell How bout them Tigers! Who Dat

Let's say the fore-mentioned programs have not been very good for the last ten years and some for the last 15 to 20 years. How long does it take to lose your longevity? If this is the case how does Tennessee lose there status? They have been just as good if not better than most of the programs, I mentioned, in the last 20 years, and have a pretty good overall history.

7. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

I don't understand how Tenn gets pulled off and some of the others stay.