Higher Attendance: LSU B-ball, or Denham Vs. U-High?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Feb 7, 2004.

1. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

Will i think for sure the coaches will make him lose weight. But i dont no Sir Charels was a hard worker. But he can deffiently be another Tractor Traylor thats who I would compare him to. Around the same size both can shoot from the outside.

2. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

Man I sure hope Bass sticks around so we can see him, Davis, and Tasmin on the court at the same time. That would be quite entertaining.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well regardless of whatever LSUweezie has to say, Big Baby is fat and if he wants to compete at the collegiate level, he will have to toughen up and lose some of that fat. He may have played FB, but I cannot see this huge dude playing RB, now come on.

4. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

That would be nice but man we need a shooter besides D-Mitch and I think we would have him right now if it wasn't for the sanctions. The year we signed D-Mitch we only had 1 scholarship. If we could have got James Collins from Woodlawn IMHO he has a better shot than D-Mitch. But he didn't have the speed and defense that D Mitch has but he would've been better for shooting over the top of zones b/c Mitch's height limits his outside shot and Collins was around 6'1 that guy could fill it up.

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I was at the Arkansas game and the crowd was good, not fire-marshal quality but good.

To increase basketball attendance, I would do the following things which I think would help tremendously in sparking interest;

-renovate the PMAC (which I described in a past thread). More fans will show up in a state-of-the-art, spectator friendly arena.

-improve the OOC schedule. Get at least three Top 15 caliber super-programs a year in the PMAC (Arizona, Kansas, Duke, North Carolina, Indiana, Stanford, Michigan State, Syracuse, etc.) This means less home games but more people will show up for big name, nationally televised games.

-get publicity flyers and media time (commercials) in the BR and surrounding area fully cranked up three months before the start of the season talking up LSU B-ball. Offer free and/or discounted tickets to civic groups, high school kids, the Boy Scouts, etc. Have special nights like Family Night, where a family of four or six gets prime seats and concessions for a very low price.

-Offer more student incentives for them to attend the games (free t-shirts?) Designate a student section and give it a catchy name (Brady's Bunch sounds okay, but I was thinking of something more pertaining to the arena or LSU, like Duke's "Cameron Crazies") Push the games really hard in the student publications and on campus.

-Have Coach Brady do several high profile appearances and fund raisers. This is one area where I do criticize him and he deserves it; he's not a very good salesman for our b-ball program. He needs to get out and do some legwork for the b-ball team.

-Piggyback a little off the football program's success. Offer discount packages and incentives on football season tickets if the buyer also purchases basketball season tickets. Have the early season games held in conjunction with late season football games if possible.

-And last, but certainly not least, win. A LOT!

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Jetstorm, the student section is the one area of the PMAC that has been packed consistently since the start of SEC play. On Saturday, the student attendance was a little down from usual but I'm sure many were MIA because of Friday night on the town.

12:00 is early for a college student after a night out. :shock:

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i blame baton rouge.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Oh yeah, TE so far you've been wrong twice about which will have higher attendance. Why not try something a little more obvious so you can be right and blow your horn?

http://www.2theadvocate.com/stories/020804/pre_prep1001.shtml

The combination of LSU signees Glen Davis and Garrett Temple provided a knockout punch for University High on Saturday night.
    Davis netted game MVP honors by scoring 31 points and pulling down 16 rebounds, while Temple added 24 points, including 17 in the third quarter, to help Class 2A U-High notch a surprising 70-40 victory over 5A Denham Springs in the finale of 20th Hall of Fame Basketball Classic.

More than 3,400 fans attended the Louisiana High School Athletic Association/Louisiana High School Coaches Association event at the Riverside Centroplex.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Do you guys really believe an LSU fan sitting at home says "I would love to go watch this basketball team play b/c they are 16-4, 6-3 in SEC, but I won't b/c the PMAC is in such bad shape"?

If you believe that, give me a call ... I have some wonderful Louisiana beachfront property for sell!

The PMAC is not the reason ... and obviously our record isn't the reason either.

10. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I haven't made a game this year because of my work schedule. Well that just changed and now I have Wed nights off so guess where I will be for the last 2 Wed games left.