Hines Ward on concussions - what a POS

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by HoopsFan, Dec 1, 2009.

1. HoopsFan

HoopsFan Registered Pest

Did anyone see the Sunday night game, Steelers vs. Ravens?

Roethlisberger sat the game out with his concussion. During either questioning or examination during the week, Roethlisberger let the team know he was still experiencing concussion-like symptoms. So they hold him out of the Sunday night game.

Hines Ward, when asked about it, said he would've probably played if he was Ben. Hines said he's played with concussions before, and that he's lied about it to doctors.

Hines threw Roethlisberger under the bus, basically calling out his dedication to the team and his toughness. Based on what doctors have been saying, and what we are finding out about concussions.....Hines Ward is a POS in my book.

The NFL fines players for stupid **** all the time. They need to fine this POS for coming out and telling his OWN teammate he should hide his concussion from the team.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i disagree, i don't think he should be fined. I do think he should have talked to Ben about it, and not the media. I am not going to call him a POS but i don't think he handled it the right way, and maybe he has had so many concussions he just doesn't think right.

3. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

I'd like to see the interview with Hines when he's in his 60's and is dealing with brain and neurological disorders. See how tough he is then and how important those games are when he can't remember his kids' names or sit still without shaking.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Old school tough guy or modern-day thug, still the same dumb@ss talkin'.

We know better now what the long term prognosis on this kinda stuff is.

1 person likes this.
  5. HoopsFan

HoopsFan Registered Pest

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Costas gets kinda WTF with him! I would like to hear Aikman's perspective. Dude had what, 8 concussions? I just don't see Big Ben riding the pine just cause. Dr. Hines just may have to come off the X-mas list.

Kids see this stuff and take it to heart. Pretty irresponsible display of manhood IMO.

1 person likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

Cris Carter said it best, why would Ben take advice from a guy who doesn't give a damn about his own well being?

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Ward sorry for questioning Big Ben's toughness - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Well then, OK, he remains a douche on the fact that he made a statement without even knowing all of the facts. Sounds more like he is back peddling if anything.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I didn't hear him asking Ryan Clark why HE didn't play at Mile High despite practicing all week in the altitude.

10. LaSalleAve

good point.

"ryan, you better suit up at mile high you pussy, f that it could kill me nonsense"