Hire Any CBBall Coach in the Country

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Mar 28, 2008.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

With the coaching search I am just curious. With a list of five or so, list the the top coaches you would want coming here...whether it be realistic or not. This isnt a coach search list, but rather your opinion on the best coaches.

1. Roy Williams
    2. Rick Pitino
    3. Bill Self
    4. Tom Izzo
    5. Billy Donovan

2. clair

clair Rockets

1. Roy Williams
    2. Izzo
    3. Pitino

then there is a pretty big gap.

4. Ben Howland
    5. Donovan
    (etc...)

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

1. Coach K
    2. Roy Williams
    3. John Calipari
    4. Billy Donovan
    5. Bill Self

To not have Coach K in your list pretty much discredits your entire list. He wins without getting the best atheletes.

4. clair

clair Rockets

funny how when UNC fans say they are far and away more talented than Duke during the season, Duke fans say "blah, blah, blah," UNC is overrated.

But when Duke loses early, it's back to the trick of "oh, but we just didn't have all the talent."

In my opinion, having K over Roy discredits an entire list just because of the complete role-reversal the programs have seen ever since Roy began recruiting against K.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

1. Part of coaching is getting athletes...its not all x's and o's. He has all the appeal a school needs and continually strikes out with big men.

2. He says on every commercial he is a leader and not a coach, so that disqualified him.

6. clair

clair Rockets

I have to add that in my list, I assumed Bob Knight to not be an active coach. If he is, then he is in that high-tier pack with the top 3.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I could really make a case for 5-10 coaches that fit the mold after the top couple of coaches. I really think Jay Wright is a pretty good coach but is stuck in mediocrity at Nova and has to take chances on thugs like Tyreke Evans.

8. clair

clair Rockets

No one listed guys like Calhoun or Beheim (spelling). Those are 2 hall of famers.

You're right. There's really about 10 guys who are, for all intents and purposes "the same" after the top 2-3

9. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I actually thought of both of them, and Boeheim is a great coach but not on my top five hire list mainly because he runs zone the whole time...I cant take a guy like that seriously. And Calhoun has probably cheated as much as UCLA boosters did back in the days. But again, there are lots of good coaches out there.

10. clair

clair Rockets

I would like to him Boeheim explain or justify why they never go man... ever..

in such a 3-point dictated game, it seems as though he would have evolved.

He should be way more effective next year with the line backed up.