Hire Any CBBall Coach in the Country

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Mar 28, 2008.

1. razer

razer unregistered offender

9 outta 10 times I would agree with you izzy but to say that Coach K wins despite not getting top athletes is inaccurate.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/23/sports/ncaabasketball/23duke.html?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

After West Virginia forward Joe Alexander led the seventh-seeded Mountaineers to an upset of second-seeded Duke in the second round of the N.C.A.A. tournament on Saturday, he asked a pointed question.

When told that the Mountaineers had just beaten a team with eight McDonald's all-Americans, Alexander seemed startled. He arched his eyebrows and asked in a serious tone, 'Who?'

As a reporter was leaving, the reserve Cam Thoroughman asked if Duke's Greg Paulus was one of the eight McDonald's all-Americans. When told yes, Thoroughman said: 'Oh my God. Are you kidding?'

No joke. And for the rest of the college basketball off-season, no-names like Thoroughman have made once-mighty Duke a punch line.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Duke All-Americans with Coach K

Danny Ferry 1988, 1989
    Christian Laettner 1990, 1991, 1992
    Bobby Hurley 1992, 1993
    Grant Hill 1992, 1993, 1994
    Roshown McLeod 1998
    Trajan Langdon 1998, 1999
    Elton Brand 1999
    Chris Carrawell 2000
    Shane Battier 2000, 2001
    Jason Williams 2001, 2002
    Carlos Boozer 2002
    Mike Dunleavy 2002
    Chris Duhon 2004
    J.J. Redick 2004, 2005, 2006
    Shelden Williams 2004, 2005, 2006

It's not like Coach K has been having this severe talent drought. Between having kids recruited as High School All-Americans and then making the same honor while in college, he's not hurtin.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

its easy to confuse great athletes with great ball players. i doubt McD AAs are picked by athleticism, more likely by how good of a player they are. obviously to be a good player you have to have good athleticism but you also have to have skill.

duke doesnt get the best athletes, but obviously they get their pick of the litter so its coach Ks decision. he is a worse coach than many think because of this. part of coaching is getting the guys---since they arent getting to FF anymore obviously K is either not getting the right guys or isnt coaching them up right. either way its on him.

for my $$$, id take izzo.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I would love to win a championship but not at the expense of having a no-class jackass as our coach so Bobby Knight can stick with his current day job.

I'm not a fan of the whiny, crybaby Roy Williams either. He's a great coach but I still believe he cheated at Kansas and can't stand listening to him.

I hope we can find a quality coach who is young enough to remain at LSU for many years.

I'm not satisfied saying that basketball will be an afterthought behind football and baseball. I want us to be the first university to win all three in the same year! :thumb: (...and women's b-ball, and softball, and gymnastics, and track & field, and tennis, and golf, etc.........)

4. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Well, Under current conditions I expect the Basketball team whoever they hire to be more successful than the Baseball Team. They are getting creamed 8-4 in Florida as we speak... gonna be a long season I think...

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I would love to hear more about this.

Thanks, Tom. ;)

6. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Roy Williams is a scheazing, lying dirt bag.

7. clair

clair Rockets

oh... yeah.

that's good insight...

:confused:

8. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Whatever....the dude is a lying good for nothing dirt bag.

And you putting the thug Bobby Knight in the list shows a bunch about you. That guy is a grade a certifiable a-hole. Could be the biggest a-hole who has ever lived.

9. clair

clair Rockets

he has 900+ more wins than you do.

Do you like anyone?

You hate Brady, Pierre, Roy Williams, Bob Knight.

seems like you have issues.

10. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

id give craig a c- for an attempted flame war.

as for knight, he is a coach, not a social worker. quite a large percentage of good coaches are *******s.