Hire Tim Floyd

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Randy70, Jan 8, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Floyd would be a great hire, plain and simple. But Twisted, you're taking the coaching search out of context. No need to rehash the reasons the list wasn't as long as it would be most years. I imagine coaches see the potential at LSU, and would be interested in reviving the program, a la Nick Saban.

2. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

Problem witht that thinking is that the team the Hornets had last year is not the team they have this year. If it were the same team, you'd have a point, but I think the logic is flawed.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

So you're saying coaches will be lining up to coach the B-Ball team should Brady get the heave ho? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: I think any quality coach available at the time would have to think long and hard before he stepped into such a sad situation. I hope every coach in the country runs to Skips door but I don't see it happening. Floyd has the local connection knows the area and needs an opening to get back in the game. I think he would be one of only a very few quality coaches that LSU would have a shot at. It would also be a very logical place for him to restart his career. JMHO I just hope this train wreck gets turned around by someone soon.

4. NoLimitMD

Why wouldn't they? The recruiting talent is there. The facilities are OK. The support is there. The money would be there with a winning team. There's just no reason coaches wouldn't want to be a part of that. LSU's got a good (not great) basketball history, and the guy would be an icon if he could turn it around.

5. TwistedTiger

You're right it's not the same team, Floyds team with most of it's stars injured last year made it to the playoffs but Scott looking to do even better made some changes to improve the team. I think they just got their third win of the season the other night. Floyd did a wonderful job with a depleted crippled team and was only given one season to imprve the team. Makes you wonder what he could have done with a competent owner and more time.

6. TwistedTiger

Are you serious? La isn't nearly the hot bed of talent in basketball that it is in football, the PMAC is empty for every game, the PMAC is falling down and LSU has a very average basketball history at best. I do think that a coach that built a winner would be rewarded financially. Believe me when I say I am hoping for the best should we end up searching for a new coach but I think Skip would really have his work cut out for him finding a quality coach willing to take over.

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Has he signed the USC deal yet?

8. NoLimitMD

Of course it's not the same hotbed of talent. That's not to say it's still not fertile recruiting grounds. Of COURSE the PMAC is empty. The team sucks, and it's painful to watch. I remember the days of Shaq and Chris Jackson, and that was the hottest ticket in town. Even when Stromile was playing, they were getting good crowds.

LSU has shown that they will spend money on facilities for a good program, so I'm not exactly worried about the PMAC falling apart.

And average at best? Come on now, that's just absurd. It's not a premier program, to be sure, but they've had some great runs. Let's not forget they didn't have a very good coach for about 25 years too...

9. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

NO

10. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

There is no question that Louisiana itself has enough basketball talent for LSU to be a consistent Top 20 team with occasional Final Four contenders. In fact, this year's LSU team (especially if Koundja was still on it) is talented enough to be an NCAA tourney team. But, John Brady is in over his head.