HMMM......THIS WAS KEPT QUIET

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hub, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Hub

Hub Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Same guys that said Saban was going to be the Next Giants coach.

Pete King of SI said his sources said Saban will be in the NFL next year.

Maybe I got my head in the sand, but I dont trust anything those bozos report.

I will trust Saban until otherwise...

Thanks for the news though. Is interesting.

3. TexasTigers

However if it is true, maybe this is a good thing, because yesterday he had his strongest statement ever about being committed to LSU.

So it is possible he did interview, realized that the NFL is one big headache with spoiled players, who "Play when the want to play" and you have to deal with GM's and Owners, and he realized LSU is the place for him.

So I believe sitting here with my Purple and Gold shades on, that Saban may have interviewed, realized that LSU is the place for him and that he will no longer hear this NFL talk. Which is maybe why his interview (Assuming it took place) was a bust. He wanted to be who he is at LSU and the NFL game does not allow that.

So maybe this was a good, because he came out yesterday guns blazing about staying at LSU, maybe that interview was a wakeup call that he has found a home...

4. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Hey, haven't you ever gone to an interview with another company thinking you could further your career? Then you get there and realize things are better where you are. I've done that.

5. TexasTigers

Yeh I actually left for a year (My current company) and came back....

This is why if true I think Saban came out so strong yesterday about staying at LSU. He said, I am staying here..

We may have dodged a bullet, but it may have made Saban staying here ever stronger then ever before...

I still dont believe it unless Saban confirms it though.

6. TennesseeTiger

I agree. I wish he'd address this story in particular.

7. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Kinda doubt it..

These "news and notes" type scraps aren't the most reliable pieces of info out there. An "interview" could have been an informal phone call. If Saban says no at that time, the Jags can't afford to look like they've been rejected by Saban so they concoct some story about how he didn't "fit the profile" during our "interview" when someone asks if he's been contacted. NFL types (and sports administrators in general) can't be made to look ridiculous.

I wonder how anyone who knew anything about Nick Saban would have to have an interview before they knew he was a hands on control freak type coach. If this story is true as written then someone in J'Ville doesn't know much.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

One site reported that Saban had an 8-hour meeting with Jacksonville in Louisiana last Friday. I just don't see it. Saban has an agent to handle 8-hour discussions. If Nick really wanted to keep a low-profile meeting during recruiting season, he would have made a conference call.

This story sounds bogus. These guys have been wrong before.

And Pete King is going to owe me and about 1,000,000 other readers a bowl of gumbo if Nick isn't in the NFL in 2003. How are we going to make him settle up!

9. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

As cold as it's getting tonight, I wish I could get dat gumbo today!!:D

Anyway.....so what if it's true or not. Saban is still here!!

10. TennesseeTiger

Gumbo...yummm...

It's snowing here. I would love that gumbo about now.

By the way, if it rains "cats and dogs", does it "snow sheep"?