Hmmmmmm. To you Brady Bashers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Jan 31, 2004.

1. BB

BB Founding Member

If you can't see the game, turn on the radio, close your eyes and envision one player with the ball and the other 4 standing around watching and John Brady yelling at thin air.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL,

I could listen to the internet but my son is having a little fit and
    my mom is watching a movie so I could never hear it if I had it
    on.

I'm trying to find out if this game is actually being televised in the
    Southeastern markets on channel 630 or 635.

3. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

Every offense goes through its moments...LSU is in 2nd place in the SEC West and we have the 2nd best defense in the SEC statistically but I would put our defense up against any in the country

whether you think a coach sucks or not...14-4 with 2 SEC road wins aint bad when 3 freshmen get significant PT

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I hear all the complaints and I'm watching the same game and I see a team who's strength is it's inside game and an offense that is trying to get the ball in there to Lloreda. I see Bama with all 5 guys in constant motion running around like banshees and not doing much as far as getting it in the hoop. I see LSU winning the game. BB, do yourself a favor. Watch the whole game and then come in and post about it. I'm already tired of your attitude and you've only posted 18 times.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

everything is relative and 14-4 and 2 road wins in the SEC this year isn't saying much. the league is very down this year and it will show when the big dance starts, SEC teams will drop like flies this year. To be able to win games like these last 2 when you shoot about 33% is mingboggling. And too say our defense is one of the best in America just doesn't wash. The kids do hustle and don't give up but we are playing weak teams and would be losing to ACC teams by 20 the way we shoot. There isn't any motion what so ever for 75% of the game. It we didn't have break out game at the free throw line we would have lost by 10. And you cannot depend on scoring that way all of the time. We stink, period.

6. SabanFan

OK. So we're not that great. We just have to deal with it. It's easy to be a fan when you're winning the NC.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I didn't say I wasn't going to be a fan but that doesn't mean we cannot loof at the state of this team realistically. But I do know we shouldn't be this bad in a state with all of the talent LA has and in the one sport where you can come out of probation and be very good quickly. I have always said we had a reason to not be very good for the past several years however we have gone past that and we need to get better in a hurry or Brady will be gone and it will have nothing to do with what any of us say, it will have to do with the empty seats in the PMAC and the lack of other revenues generated by the Basketball team. That I can say with a great deal of confidence. I would think that the powers at LSU will not let this go on for another season. Money is the biggest factor IMO and basketball is supposed to be a self supporting sport. Right now it isn't.

8. SabanFan

Except for the odd season or 2, LSU basketball has never been any more successful than it is right now. Sure, we were prominent back when Shaq and Chris Jackson were playing, but you cannot say we were that successful. We've been to a couple of Final Fours. 1986 was a total fluke and in 1981 we were 30-3 but totally outclassed in the semis. Right now we are 14-4 and 4-3, 2nd in the West. Play .500 from here and we are in the tourney. That's about the best you can expect from this team. They play hard everytime out and always have a chance to win. That's all I ask. Sure, I'm very disappointed when they lose but I am not going to come on here and bitch and moan about how so and so sucks or how poorly Brady coached. That's just me. And cajdav, I'm not directing this at you. I don't consider you posts to be anything more than stating what you are seeing.

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

If this team follows the typical Brady team true-to-form then they should go on a tear in the 2nd half of the SEC season. Considering they are sittin at 4-3 and haven't exactly played great is pretty impressive. Their offensive output leaves a lot to be desired. But there defensive consistency is what has gotten them to 4-3.....Sounds somewhat similar to a team that finished up it's season in N.O. on Jan 4;) Not suggesting this team could make such a run. But if they can gel/develop some offense over the 2nd half......look out.

Then again, if they continue there brick laying that could make it interesting as well:shock:

10. SabanFan

It does seem that the overall outside shooting picks up at crunch time. Sometimes, though, the early bricklaying is just too much to overcome. It may just be a confidence factor. Perhaps the recent free throw successes will translate into better perimeter shooting.