HOA tells Medal of Honor recipient to take down his flag.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Patriotism and respect. :thumb:

2. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

He is 90 so it could be a non issue any day now. Acceptible compromise by me. :thumb:

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

here you go...

Exemption: If you won a MOH, you can fly the flag however you want.

2 people like this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The HOA at my last residence (of which I was never a member, I refused to join or pay dues or any of that crap) told me I couldn't have a basketball goal. The ones that have the base that you fill with water. I told them I was much happier with my boys shooting hoops in the cul de sac instead of running around causing mischief and they could stick their HOA rules right up their collective asses. I think I got 1 or 2 notices in my mailbox telling me to get rid of it which I promptly placed in the circular file. Never moved my goal, never heard anything else from them. This sort of crap really fires me up. I think I may do a little research into this and see if I can't find out who is running this outfit. I haven't kicked anyones a$$ in a while and I do have a free flight. The honey island swamp monster may get a pass here as I now have a new target.

5. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

Well, if you've ever lived in a neighborhood with absolutely no C&Rs, you know why HOAs exist. It's not the HOA, it's the folks who run it. Unfortuntely, the people with bigger pictures are also normally the younger families who perceive they don't have the time to run the HOA. So they are stuck with folks who do not share their perspective making the rules.

My advice (has nothing to do with our hero and his flag) is get involved.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

The people who usually run these boards are on power trips. They dont have anything else to do but to phuck with people about their houses. I live in a place where they will fine me if my trash can is out 1 day after the pick up.

I actually have no problem with trying to keep order in the neighborhood, but for God sake leave this guy alone. My grandfather was a WWII vet, I would be pissed if something like this happened to him when he was alive.

7. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

My HOA are a bunch of Nazis. In my area, HOA membership has to be established in order to close on a house. If you don't conform to the polcies, they can actually take a lien on your house. We've been in a couple of disputes with them, but my wife is a lawyer, so they back down when she writes them nasty letters.

In this case, the HOA should make an exception. They are within their power to do so. If the point of an HOA is to keep property values up, I can't imagine having a decorated war hero in the area does anything to the neigborhoods reputation.

*******s.

8. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Is it just me or did the guy not read the rules before he moved...

Did he earn this right yes. Is he old and a vet yes.

That doesn't mean he can circumvent the rules that everyone else in that neighborhood have to abide by.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

and exemptions can be granted. even with city codes, exemptions happen all the time. they are granted by a city board. a hoa can do the same thing. its no big deal.

grant him his exception and like i said, it only applies to while he lives there. give him his right and honor. my guess is, unless neighbors are pricks, like the hoa board, they wont have a problem, especially with the condition it not stay with the property.

10. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Did he request an exception I have no idea. But yes usually HOA boards are pricks thus why I don't live in one. But if you do follow the rules or watch out for these pricks.