HOA tells Medal of Honor recipient to take down his flag.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Dec 3, 2009.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Agree 100%. Like I said earlier, there are tons of houses in unrestricted neighborhoods - why would you move into one with a HOA if you hate them so much??? :insane: But apparently by responses here many people have the idea that they can buy a house in a neighborhood where there are legal stipulations by a HOA and then fight against a legally binding contract that they signed with full knowledge (shame on you if you sign without reading) of what it restricts or prohibits. Some people feel it's their God given right as an American to protest anything they don't personally like after the fact, even after they agreed to it in writing. They should be able to do whatever they want no matter what they agreed to.

By the way his deadline was this past Friday wasn't it? Anyone got an update?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

mention any percieved slight of the american flag and the patriots come out of the woodwork.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I agree with your point, but that doesn't change the fact that HOA's serve no purpose, and are 100% of the time run by pricks with nothing better to do.

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

one time i put a comical george bush life0size cutout in my window and my doorman was at my door yelling at me within 30 mins. i should have called CNN.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

hoa's, neighborhood associations, any entity can have pricks and old biddies.

in lakeview (new orleans neighborhood), it isnt an hoa, but a neighborhood association. while there arent written rules that have to be followed (like in an hoa), i will admit they have done a lot of good in helping bring back the neighborhood.

but there are some old biddies that have nothing else to do other than make themselves the "keepers of the neighborhood". we had a run in with one that caused us a hell of a lot of grief. we werent breaking any rules (well there was a city code that we were violating while trying to get the house rebuilt, but that was corrected and the city dropped the complaint) but there was an issue that wasnt against code, no rules were broken, it was simply a "we dont like" as the old witch put it.

for us, it was the final straw on what was a major headache trying to rebuild our house. it is now up for sale instead. screw em.

1 person likes this.
  6. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

They took our dues and built a really nice neighborhood playground for the kids in my neighborhood. Next year they're deciding between a swimming pool or a community center. They try to control the trashy people from bringing the neighborhood down so quickly. You can have them check on your home and call you if something looks amiss when you're out of town.

Everyone keeps making sweeping generalizations about them. The fact is that some are much better than others. My neighbor who's on the board asks me my opinions about everything that's on the agenda. How many of you ever attend meetings? They do a lot of great work where I live. I guess some of you have crappy HOA's or more likely crappy relationships with them.

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Well, this particular situation is a bunch of people acting like a bunch of PU$$*es.

I understand why such organizations exist, etc. There can definitely be some good things with them. But it's a flag pole where the American Flag is raised. Give me a break. It's not something that is really taking value away from the neighborhood. That's how I feel without knowing who the owner is.

Now, the owner is 90 freaking years old and probably has a unique perspective since he risked his life to the fullest extent for the country. He's probably a little sensitive about such issues and might not be all there considering everything he's been through. Knowing that, I think I'd let it slide. I'd say, I'm gonna make an exception for you because you've been an exceptional person that has a great reason for your American pride and 46-mile-long flag pole. If it wasn't for people like you, this neighborhood might be a Swastika field maze.

If they just wanna keep fighting him over this pathetic issue, he should get an old tank, drive through the neighborhood, blow up every house in the neighborhood and leave the flag pole/flag standing and say, "Yeah, try to convict me of this crime, by the time you get this in court I'll be dead anyway you pu$$*es. God Bless America!"

It basically all comes down to people having no lives and wanting to bitch about everything in life.

1 person likes this.
  8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I get that. However I am in my 3rd home and while every place I have lived has had an HOA I have never belonged to any of them, never gave them a single red cent, never signed anything saying I would. Which is exactly why I never moved my basketball goal, parked my truck on my lawn (if I wanted to) planted whatever flowers I wanted where I wanted, painted the house without asking..... and dared the sonsabitches to say a word about it. Sure I got a notice a time or two, they went right into the trash and wouldn't hear from them again. Granted I didn't paint the house pink or checkerboard nor did I have a car on blocks in the front yard or broken appliances or any of that crap. My sh!t looks good. Just saying I don't need their approval for a dang thing.:thumb:

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You're not the problem. It's your posts.:hihi:

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he should fly the flag with balloon or remote controlled helicopter. maybe get one of those really obnoxious huge ones from a car dealership and put it on his roof.

actually, he should get an attorney and think of the craziest $hit to do that isnt covered by the hoa agreement.