HOF LSU Coach Charlie McClendon: disappointment or not?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JohnLSU, Oct 22, 2009.

?

Charles McClendon:

1. disappointment to LSU

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. made LSU proud

61 vote(s)
    96.8%
  1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

And miles has a 8-5 season under his belt and still has a better record than Satan.

I have a few buddies I work with that are USC fans and go to all their home games. He told me that every game he's been too that most fans talk crap about their team and pete for dropping that game at UW. Even win they win he said they still find crap to bitch about. lol

Sounds like our fans but brings up a good point that some people will always see the glass half empty.

Miles is a good coach and so is Satan, but they do things two WAAAAYYYYY different ways. Each style works for them.

In the end, Miles was brought here to do 2 things, win the SEC, which he has and win the NC, which he has.

No matter how he got their, HE DID IT.

It was his calls in 07 that won us the UF game. It is MILES TEAMS that have blow out bowl games even when the team is down.

We can put all the blame of last year on CLM b/c he is the head coach, but we all know that the 08 teams problems ran deeper than the coach. This is exactly why CLM has coached this team so far this year, SAFE.

BUUUTTTTT, it came to bite him in the butt in the UF game. I think the UF game showed miles that A: we could have won if he would just let the players play and B: That they need to form the O around the players and not make the players form around the O.

2. wmarcg

wmarcg Founding Member

1 person likes this.
  3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My dad was also done with LSU for a good while because of the way Mac was treated in the end. He was even offered a position on Stovall's staff, but as he always liked to say, he didn't feel that his job would've been very secure.

4. palousetiger

palousetiger Founding Member

MAC put LSU on the map....:geaux:

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually it was Dietzel but Mac kept them there.

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

And we floundered around for 20+ yrs looking to get back to where we were. A lesson that should be remembered.

7. palousetiger

palousetiger Founding Member

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I often wonder how different it would have been if Cholly Mac had been given the AD job instead of bringing Dietzel back. Mac wanted the job and would have been a great one, but the LSU Board of Supervisors was packed with former Dietzel, players who wanted their old coach back.

I wonder how different it would have been if Bo Rein hadn't been killed before playing a game. I think Mac would have gotten us better than Jerry Stoval. Bobby Bowden wanted the LSU job badly. Think about the 80's and 90's with Bowden as coach instead of Jerry, Bill, and the Three Stooges.