Hogs just look better.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Apr 10, 2004.

1. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

Man, I can't believe LSU fans would leave early. Especially in extra innings. We have the fire power to make a rally, and we have fans leaving.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I was thinking the same thing but I still don't think LSU can win today.
    To many mistakes.....
    We were our own worse enemies today.

LSU beat LSU today not Arkansas

3. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I'm going to wait and see what happens in the bottom half of this inning. I've seen more improbable things happen.

4. Sourdoughman

I'm still watching too :lsup: :tigbas: :grin:

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Folks, we just gave up 22 runs in two games to an unranked team. We are vastly overrated.

Not only that, but the Hogs have improved much more than we have since last season. Teams improve under good coaching. We have a more experienced team than the Hogs. We have more talent than the Hogs. BUT the Hogs are better than we. They have won 2 in a row and are going for the sweep. WE have lost 3 in a row now.

Let's be honest with ourselves: Smoke Laval is not the answer.

This is the greatest Hog baseball series victory in a long time. Congrats to them.

6. Sourdoughman

I'm not saying your right or wrong but NO ONE could ever replace Skip and what he did
    at LSU.

I don't understand why you would try and score another run from 2nd and get thrown out at the plate when the heart of your lineup is up.
    A fly ball out would score the winning run and there is no 10th inning.

Did I miss something?

7. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Because on a slowly hit single to the outfield, anyone capable of playing baseball at LSU should be able to score from 2nd.

8. BB

BB Founding Member

Hate to be negative, but I thought we had no weak link on this team overall - looks like it's Hebert to me. Error in extra innings, suspect fielding and the kid watches 2 Strikes with the bat on his shoulder to end the game...

9. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Jean...I'm sorry, but that's the most ridiculous statement I've heard here. Having said that, SabanFan comes pretty close, but I can't believe the Baratarian would say something like that...

Guys, baseball is a game of trends...Streaks, if you will. Mid-season swoons happen. That we lost a midweek game is not indicative of our coaching. It's indicative of our focus level. Weekend games are a different story, but I'll say this...

We've had a flux in our pitching staff. Dirks wants to be the man, Mestepey hasn't returned to be the man, Bummy's had to regain his confidence, and Meier is finally proving that from time to time, he can be human.

We've had injuries and problems with a consistent, well-playing infield.

It's not as if we're just rolling along with no obstacles or whatnot. We're the ones with the targets on our backs. This is still a young team looking for leadership to emerge after the departure of Hill. Mestepey would have been your best shot, but with him not ready to quite put it together yet, there's a dearth of leadership right now.

These guys are used to following Aaron Hill's lead...

They're still learning to play "as the hunted" and not as an almost quasi-underdog.

To say that Smoke Laval is not the answer is just asinine, and I say that with all due respect to Jean Lafitte and his tenure and history here. It's just asinine...

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Time will tell, my friend.

You will see that I'm right. It will take time . . . but you will see.