Hogs just look better.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Apr 10, 2004.

1. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

3 straight friday losses is "time to time"?

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I'm just curious as to what you had to say about the 2000 team after we were swept by Houston that year? Same things?

LSU is not overrated, Arkansas is underrated. For that matter rankings don't mean dick in baseball, you and I both know that. What matters is wins losses, how you pan out in the regional picture, and ultimately the strengths and weaknesses of your team. Arkansas may not be world beaters, but losing to them this year is much better than losing to Houston 3 games in a row in 2000. And we happened to win the title that year, go figure. Were we overrated that year too?

Don't look too much into this weekend. It's not hard to figure out that we are off this whole week. Off with fielding, off with hitting. This team needed to go through this. They needed to have a complete meltdown to be able to learn from their mistakes and get better.

Arkansas MVP of the weekend so far - Blake Gill

3. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Jean Defeat

Yes, let's be Honest with ourselves Jean,

You were on the Arkansas board conceding Before the game was even decided. http://www.woopig.net/php/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=7336;start=125
    Way to support the team. :dis: Smoke Laval won the SEC in 2003 & was named Coach of the Year as well. Don't see Van Horn on that list.

4. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

The Hogs are showing some swagger since last weeks dogfight with Bama. Agressive coaching put the Hogs in postion to take two from the Tide after the friday night loss. Seems their carrying that style over this weekend. Their taking what we're giving and using it well.
    :geaux: :champs: :tigbas:

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I tell you what, we are really missing Aaron Hill more and more aren't we? It sux to see our bats come alive only to be defeated by our own defense. Gill conveyed how frustrated we are, and that we are way better than this. There is no way Arky with a bunch of freshman are better than us. Remember how solid we were on defense earlier this year. In defense of the defense, the pitching hasn't been stellar either. Right now, we can't even make it to the college world series playing like this.

Maybe someone can verfy this, didn't the '93 champion team with Walker and Rios have similar problems on defense and pitching? I think the real litmus test will be next weekend versus a good georgia team.

6. MiketheTiger

MiketheTiger Founding Member

This thread is funny....from one coach basher (Jean Lafitte) to another coach basher (Tigereducated)....you would think LSU would hire you two guys to replace Skip as the Athletic Director, seeing as you two know so much. I have finally given up on Tigerforums.com. It's looking more and more like Tigerroar.com everyday. You all can go support another college team as far as I am concerned. You two are the epitome of a bandwagoner. When things are going well, you support the team. As soon as things start to go wrong, ya'll sound like a bunch of cry babies. Ya'll can tear me a new ahole if you want, but the silent readers of this board are tired of your "bandwagoner" of the year campaign. I am out and won't be sharing my views on this board anymore.

7. LOTTERY

LOTTERY Founding Member

I just can't stand for us to lose midweek games because of the effect going into weekend series. I see we have southern coming up as midweek, are they any good this year. We got to have a good start going into weekend and we have to sweep series.

8. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Our team is not overrated and we will be hosting a Super Regional......

guys...this is the first weekend series we lost. It's not the end of the world. :tigbas:

9. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Yes, let's be honest. We did actually lose the game.

Let's be even more honest: we are losing the Sunday game. If we don't come back, we'll have lost 4 in a row; 3 in a row to an unranked team.

Let's not forget that we have now lost 3 Friday games in a row.

Did I mention that Arky is unranked? Did I mention that Arky has less talent than do we?

Let's be honest: Smoke's not the answer. Arkansas is a better coached team than are we. Smoke Laval = Mike Archer.

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The board is here for us to share views.

I've never believed in Smoke Laval as our Head Coach for baseball. When you don't think a coach has what it takes, it's only natural to focus on the negatives.

I think the towering talent of our baseball team last year and this year is hiding the fact that we could use better coaching in baseball.

Those of you who disagree are welcome to your opinion.

I remember those of us who first wanted to be rid of DiNardo in football had to take a lot of abuse on the boards. We had guys like Perple, who thinks he's some kind of detective, questioning our loyalty. We had many folks telling us to shut up. Many folks said that we should support the team and stop criticizing Coach DiNardo. We took it all in stride, and hoped that the majority were correct, and that DiNardo was the answer. Time proved that DiNardo's critics were correct.

I predict that time will tell that Smoke's not the answer.

If you think that losing 4 in a row and getting swept to an unranked team (we are currently losing 5-3) should cause no concern, then you are entitled to your opinion. I happen to be very concerned. My concern says nothing about who I am, how much I support the players, and how much I love LSU.

Our team's got a ways to go to get to Omaha. We won't argue about this: we've got to get better.

Thanks.