Hogs just look better.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, Apr 10, 2004.

1. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

Don't hit the eject button just based on one bad week. IT's just one of those times every bball season where you have a bad streak. You can't win every series. Lets just wait and see how they respond next week. I will be praying that our pitching comes around, because this is not playoff caliber baseball. Right now we couldn't make it out of a regional alive, but it will change.

Forget the polls, just as long as we are in the top 8, is what's important. Does anybody remember if the '93 team had similar problems?

2. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

No, I don't remember. I was overseas in 1993.

3. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Why are you leaving? There are others true tiger fan around. These two guys are losers in my book. I guess they do not have a family to raise or look up to. They must have a pathetic personal life.

For others true tiger fan. GAUX TIGER.

4. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Well, with 35 posts to his credit, rest assured I won't miss his outlook...Since we never get it...

This board isn't for people to constantly goose step and fall in line with the Purple & Gold Ray Bans set....That's exactly why I was removed from Tigerroar.com, and of course a disagreement with the "goatee mafia" that proliferate the site itself...

I am someone who is impressed with results, and Smoke Laval has brought us to Super Regionals in BOTH of his year's at our helm. He's brought us to an SEC Championship, two Sub Regionals, and one College World Series. He did this with his own talent, for the most part (I'll admit that Aaron Hill was a Skip Bertman, as was Brian Wilson).

For someone to say that I'm a coach basher is to miss the point. I bash the coach because he won't leave LSU's program better than he found it. It's in a poorer condition than when John Brady took over. He has extended our wait for the "light at the end of the tunnel" by YEARS...& I do mean that quite literally, through his own decisions.

Smoke on the other hand has delivered us to the promised land, and both his peers and the media have given him the accolades that Jean Lafitte here wishes to ignore. Smoke has DELIVERED, and will CONTINUE TO DO SO.

Brady has not, and will CONTINUE NOT TO DO SO.

As for anyone who leaves because we go back and forth and don't toe the line, well, don't let the door hit you where the Good Lord Split you...

5. Tiger1958

Tiger1958 Founding Member

Please dont bring the Lord into the discussion. It does not belong here. People with weakness has tendency to use big word to reinforce his/her argument.

Negatism would destroy one's life. Life is short so live fully.

Cheer.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

TE, for the record, I would like to state that I hope you are right about Smoke Laval.

He is a fellow frenchman, and I would love to see him succeed.

I just can't shake the feeling that he's not going to cut it.

7. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

You are joking right??

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

You've got to be kidding. If you really think that LSU basketball is in a worse state now than when Brady took over, your hatred for the man has blinded you from seeing the true state of the program.

9. martin

martin Banned Forever

you do recall that brown left the program not only as losers, but with debilitating sanctions ?

cmon, man i am tryin to help you. learn to make sense and not be so angry about some personal thing that you cant be honest.

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

martin, I've never spoken a single word to John Brady...Never...not a single one...He's never boinked a sister/friend/ex or whatever others would like to intimate.

I formulated my opinion of the man on my own, through his own actions. That I can do so and actually defend them evidently puts such a quizzical look on your face that the only "logical" conclusion you can come to is that I have a personal grudge for something done personally. I don't.

The man was-and is-a cull. If you don't believe me, seriously go and ask around the coaching fraternity...Wonder why LSU wasn't ranked higher, earlier, this past year? It's because he's aggravated not just the media, but even his own coaching brethren.

It's amazing what a lullaby he's cooed you all into...I am shocked at the mediocrity that we've allowed ourselves to not only slip into, but mire around in...

I say it's in worse condition because we're 7, 8 years down the road now...The P-MAC is crumbling...attendance is pathetic...recruiting is-at BEST-a crapshoot...Our one hoep for survival is if an assistant coach stays and brings some savior from my neck of the woods (IE-Denham Springs' Tasmin Mitchell)...We've had exactly ONE season in which we met the expectations of the majority of fans out there have for most of our athletic programs, and that season was-and remains-a distant memory at best...

If you all credit the man for the Sweet 16 season, why can't you hold him accountable for EVERYTHING ELSE?

You give him a pass based on ONE season...ONE...I just don't get it...You're like 49er's who shot each other over fool's gold...One little glimmer and they went apesh!t...

The man's a cull...

He whored the program for a kid that broke your hearts, and you don't blame him...You laud the short term success and exchange out the absolute reprehensible decision to allow the player onto the court in the first place...His histrionics you hold up to the light, his dark personal decisions you sweep under the rug, and his CONSTANT, CONSISTENT underachievement you continue to not care about...

It amazes me as much as I confound you, martin...so I guess we're equal...