Holtz blames officials

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 2, 2010.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

This. Dooley tried to make the same excuse, but CBS' cameras show the truth: 13 Vols set in position, ready to play when the ball was snapped; not some ready and some running on or off.

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Thanks for the correction. I wasn't sure, but for some reason I thought they had one left.

Anyway, the fact remains that they did not attempt to pull any players off the field when lined up in their new 7-6 defense. They did substitute, and were set and ready for the play.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGwHq4yoyw4&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tennessee vs LSU 2010 Crazy Finish w/ ESPN postgame report[/ame]

Looks like 13

4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I cant remember which scoreboard show (they are on big blur), but somebody noted LSU's "incompetence" and another noted that TN should have just sat back and watch LSU implode.

As an ex-military guy, I see life, oftentimes as tactical and strategic. Yeah, we got a win (and I am thankful), in a game, in one season. Clearly tactical, but strategically, we have become a laughing stock. And fodder for soundbites and short sport show segments. Not good.

I guess the only remaining question: Will we be featured on the MNF "C'mon Man" segment. I think they do NCAA, too. Ugh.

Geaux Tigers!

5. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Well then they could have thrown one for TN having 60 players and coaches on the field! Johnny, it was bad enough without trying to find a reason that we should've lost. We tried hard enough ourselves! :D

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Are we really surprised by anything anti-LSU that Holtz says. Everyone should know by now that he hates LSU, going back to the '03 National Championship when he (illegally) penciled in USC at No. 1, even though the coaches were bound to select the winner of the BCS title game as the champ.

As for the play itself, it's painfully obvious that Tenn. had time to get their players on/off the field. Look @ 3:17 of Red's youtube in post #43. Everyone was set before the ball was snapped. There weren't any other players running on or off the field.

It doesn't matter anyway. At the end of the year, no one will care about this game. It will just appear as a 16-14 LSU win, so I don't care what Granny or Tenn. fans are saying.

1 person likes this.
  7. Herb

Herb Founding Member

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You know you don't have a leg to stand on when "Milesbabble" actually makes more sense than the Poo Poo that's coming out of Dooley's and Holtz's mouths.

:insane:

9. white river

white river Veteran Member

re

holtz never picks or likes LSU so pay no mind to what he says:tigereye:

10. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well .. Holtz is an idiot.

Anyone who watched the video saw the TN players begin to leave, and 2 of them turn around and go back on the field. They had plenty of time to substitute.

nough said.