Holyfield return fight

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by NoLimitMD, Aug 18, 2006.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Anybody else watching the Holyfield fight?

Physically, he looks good. Looked kind of old at first, but then just drilled this dope and stunned him pretty good. The fight almost stopped there. I say he looked "old" as he wasn't very fluid. That could just be some rust from a long layoff.

2. NoLimitMD

If you're not watching, you might want to turn it on (Fox Sports here.) Holyfield's going to knock this dope out pretty soon.

Oops, not so fast, Holyfield just took a shot. Could get interesting

3. NoLimitMD

Good call NLMD, knock out in Round 2.

Wow, the stiff he was boxing was terrible. I don't think he understood that in order to block a punch, your gloves need to actually be in the way of the punch.

And FYI -- I've never really been a Holyfield fan. Didn't care for his style (constant clenching, head butts, etc.), but it's good to see him back in the ring.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I couldn't tell if Holtfield was fighting well or if the other guy was that bad.

5. clair

clair Rockets

Holyfield looked great, but considering that anyone who weighs over 200 lbs in all of America can be considered a heavyweight contender, then he can be a threat

6. NoLimitMD

Yea, that's what I was wondering too. So I watched the fight again, and it was pretty obvious that the other guy was that bad. Typical tune up fight. I think Holyfield did what he needed to do, as a first step back. Now whether he SHOULD come back is up to him and his neurologist.