Honey Badger Weed Interview

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerchick46, Jan 7, 2013.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Did it ever, I wish him nothing but the best, greatest college football player I ever watched, almost feel robbed in a way. What I want to know, is how a team can just boot this young man off the team instead of getting him some sort of assistance. Another fucked up thing in this country is the way we treat drug abuse, and addiction. Not to say TM7 was either addicted or abusing. But if its such a bad thing (which it isn't) and its so taboo, why not have a recovery program for student athletes, instead of just putting them in the streets?

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

exactly. if a person has a problem, you dont punish them by kicking them out. its like kicking a player off the team because he has a poor relationship with his family, or because his car broke down. if he has a problem why make it worse?

you kick players off the team for real crimes, like stealing or fighting.

of course the question is absurd because he isnt hurting himself.

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

seems remorseful to me and he took responsibility.

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

It is a stupid rule. I love how those who drink alcohol, which has caused far more deaths than weed ever will, sit there and judge a weed smoker as if they are "drug addicts" and "thugs" and "lowlifes" while they don't realize they are simply drinking a drug. That is the only difference. Well, beside alcohol being more damaging and all. Where TM7 needs to get better is: following rules and sacrificing his personal desires for the good of his teammates. I'm all for the young man. I am a fan now and will be forever! Favorite LSU player ever!

martin likes this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Since weed is not addictive at all, it seems like this was all about looking remorseful.

6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

he never said he was addicted to it.

7. BayouBengal014

BayouBengal014 Founding Member

I think whenever you build a 19 20 year old kid up so much he will abuse it. You work anywhere in the french quater and see honey badger t shirts and even a drink after this kid. That kind of stuff makes your head get reall big. His off field issues can either make him or break him. I think he deserves one more chance a glory but that is it. If he can't over come his addiction than he is done. I hope he can turn things around. I'll keep him in my prayers... Geaux Ty!!!!

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

if he wasnt addicted, its so much worse.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Rules are rules.

My god, the dude had a path to millionaire status and its not like he wasn't given chances.

He was an idiot. Even if the rule is stupid, which it is he was caught MULTIPLE TIMES and did it anyway.

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

it doesn't matter if you him, me, or anyone else likes or agrees with the rules.

part of his scholarship agreement is that he WILL follow those rules, or lose his scholly and his spot on the team.
    period. end of story.

he knew this and broke the rule.
    was given a warning and still broke it again.
    was suspended, and yet still broke the rule again.

it doesn't matter if the rule is weed, coke, beer, hamburgers, etc.
    if it is against the rules, it's against the rules.

and if you choose to still do it, then don't complain when you have to suffer the consequences.

lsu-i-like likes this.