Honor to the tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by col reb, Jan 19, 2004.

1. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I don't know why I haven't seen anything on this board about this. I just checked out www.southernsportstonight.com. THERE IS A LSU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS CELEBRATION SET FOR JAN. 24 IN BR. According to the site, there will be a parade. Then at
    TIGER STADIUM, there will be the presentation of the trophy, presentation of the players, video highlights of the football season, performances by the Tiger Marching Band and a bunch of big wigs. Then they will let that ole Sabanist talk. The day will conclude with the hoisting of a new National Championship flag to fly over Tiger Stadium. LSU officials encourage still and video cameras to record the event. If you have read any of my posts, you may remember that my son and his family are turncoats. They pull strongly for LSU. They are not able to afford tickets. I WILL have them in attendence. This is HISTORY. I will, weather permitting be with them. Wearing my red OLE MISS jacket. If you see a fat, bearded old man like that, say Hello to the Col. Believe it or not, I AM YOUR FRIEND. Again, I say, congratulations TIGERS. If you live within 150 miles of BR and don't go, then I am a bigger LSU fan than you. You ought to be ashamed. I can stand all your TIGER BAIT calls if need be. But please, as we all honor the TIGERS, don't try to embarass an old man in front of his grandchildren. Just give the ole col a hug and a smile.

2. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

Living in Ok. , Col., I won't be able to make it. But I'd be proud to have you stand in for me. Thanks for the good sportsmanship.
    Good luck to the Rebs next year.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet: :geaux:

3. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Col Reb, it HAS been widely discussed on this forum, but we do appreciate your cheers. You are a good sport. The SEC needs more like you.

4. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

Hey Col, I'll be lookin for ya!

5. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Looking for you

I will be the fat one (looks a lot like Santa) I will be wearing the red coat and a smile. Let's enjoy. SPEAK TO ME TIGERS

6. tigrman

tigrman Founding Member

We had an Ole Miss fan with us at teh Sugar Bowl. She had on a red shirt that we had to cover up with purple and gold beads!

We all had agreat time together!

Oh yeah, I'll be the one in purple and gold. You can't miss me.

7. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

How many people do yall think will be at Tiger Stadium Saturday?

8. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I went to the Cotton Bowl (Since i live in Dallas) I was wearing Purple and Gold of course, but cheering my arse off for Ole Miss.

SEC Representing....

Ole Miss fans were cool. most of them saying Go get em Tigers.

9. col reb

col reb Founding Member

how many?

You guys get damn near 100k when they have to pay and don't know for sure you will win!!!!!!!!!!!!! You already won. It's free. PARTY ON DUDES

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

You are right col reb, if you are a Tiger fan and can be there, you should be there. It will be a good time and my last at Tiger stadium until...

Brett or Ellis would it be possible to put a countdown to kickoff clock somewhere on the forum?