Hoops Recruiting (2012)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Oct 29, 2009.

1. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

will do. he should be 100% cause the injury was actually the summer before his jr yr. He just wasnt on top of his game last year. Should be good to go and will keep everybody up to date.

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

So, it appears that both O'Bryant and Isaac have signed. Another solid class for Trent. Van appears to be doing well too.

2theadvocate.com | Sports | Lady Tigers, Tigers sign big-name basketball recruits — Baton Rouge, LA

Interestingly, the update on both players is that they've grown! The Advocate reports that O'Bryant is up to 6'10" 260 lb and Isaac is closer to 6'5" 215 lb. We'll see where they are when they show up to school. :grin: Isaac appears to be healthy having played defensive end for his high school :eek:. Looks like he's going to be a bruiser. I think both kids are quality signings, within the go-forward philosophy that seems to be working, for LSU. :geauxtige

3. TGer'nLHornLand

By the way, the fact checker at the Advocate better get the figures right. This article in the same day's edition lists Isaac at 6'4" and O'Bryant at 6'9" 245. :hihi:

2theadvocate.com | LSU Men's Basketball | Johnson on signings, season opener — Baton Rouge, LA

I think the reality is Isaac is likely 6'3" 210" and O'Byrant is 6'9" 240. :grin:

4. TGer'nLHornLand

MGreen,

For what it's worth, it's an interesting sign that for 2012, we have a ton of kids listing LSU. Says something about the program that Trent is building.

Scout.com: Men's Basketball Recruiting

A ton of reported interest also by Rivals, but as far as offers, LSU's been discriminating. I think that Ricardo Gathers and Felix are LA players with offers, but only a few outside of that (including Upshaw). Highly recruited PG L.J. Rose out of Houston has an offer, but as of now, he's got other targets in his top list.

5. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

It looks like we'll be losing 3 post players and a pg... Gathers looks to be a more skilled Storm Warren (I wonder if TJ likes the SW type player, looking at the Scout list we are recruiting 3 small PF)..Felix will be a solid pick up to put in the guard rotation... Wouldn't mind making a strong pitch a Zach Banner, he's a big guy who everyone is saying is raw, CTJ seems to do well with molding big men, plus he's in an area where CTJ has a little pull so it be nice to keep a little juice in the pipeline... of course there is still a lot of time left, if this year goes well we could attract more players or there could be a few sleepers in LA... Can't wait tho things are looking up for Tiger Basketball!

6. TGer'nLHornLand

Yup, I think if we had to prioritize, a big man would be nice. I think we're going to be light on the Point guard position (Stringer would be a Jr, and not sure we have a whole lot behind him) and also to some degree on the frontline, as folks like Green/Harris/Warren are gone or Srs. We would have Hamilton for a year, and depending on how quickly O'Bryant takes off, we can't count on him being there too long. The good news is in college plenty of teams don't play with a pure center, and so someone like Ricardo Gathers, with his strength is a pretty versatile guy, like Tas' was. He could play undersized PF, with his NFL body. If he improves his dribbling and shot, and passing, he could be a swing 3/4 like Tas was in college and do real well. He's going to have to transition to a pure 3 though if he wants a future in the league, so he'll probably play a good deal of 3 at LSU. If you look at Dotson, Turner, Derenbecker, Isaac, I think we don't need a SG in 2012 necessarily. So, going big, there are alot of forwards in the LSU radar, just because centers are hard to come by. The ideal signing would be a point, a SF/PF and a center, if we only have 3 schollies to give.

Rivals.com Search Results - Yahoo! Sports

An interesting thing could also be football players who are good basketball players. Banner, as you mentioned, is actually being recruited as an O lineman by many schools. Another small forward Doriel Green Beckham prospect, is a WR who has an offer from LSU.

7. TGer'nLHornLand

Prospect watch

We continued to be mystified by who else Trent is/should be watching for 2012. We know about Gathers and Felix, but who else is making waves in the LSU recruiting "perimeter"?

A recent thanksgiving hoops tourney in Texas, might lead to some leads...

Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - Thanksgiving Hoopfest eye-catchers
    Rivals.com Basketball Recruiting - Thanksgiving Hoopfest, Day 2

There some kids from MS and TX that are making waves. Mostly the pub is on 2011 recruits and some 2013/2014 candidates. A name to watch is Michael Lewis, a 6'8 to 6'10" PF who is a New Orleans native. Could be big man complement to Gathers, if he continues to improve?

8. TGer'nLHornLand

9. TGer'nLHornLand

10. cowboy4ever

cowboy4ever Freshman

Hey guys i was just wondering if any of you all know if TJ is still looking at the kids from texas Marcus Smart and shaq cleare, both are 4* recruits