Hoops Recruting (2013)

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by mrgreen21, Apr 19, 2011.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

It will be LSU

3. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

I have no solid info, most articles i've seen pretty much say they would be surprised if he didnt choose LSU.. And with statements like this "Jones and assistant Robert Kirby have been fixtures at Madison Prep in Northwest Baton Rouge since last spring." I feel good about our chances! He hasn't taken any officials but of course he's been to LSU's campus a lot. Word is he's always in the stands at football games... Another recruiting tid bit RSJ 5 star WR who has made it clear he wants to play football and basketball in college will be on campus this weekend! Could be a really good weekend for us starting today!

4. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

well....the suspense is killing me! did he choose LSU?

tell you what, regardless of whether Jones can coach, he sure as hell can recruit.

5. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

LSU, baby!!!!

Wow, CJJ didn't waste any time and he said, bam, let's get this class done and move on to the next class. Kudos to the entire staff, and man, let's all sing praises of Jarrell Martin! It's just as big of a deal for him.... we forget that these guys are the closest to what they see and the program that they want to be a part of. Martin must've liked what he saw enough to go early instead of waiting til the Spring.

Wow... now, if only recruiting momentum translated immediately to the court.

6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

damn, TGer, how did you get that so fast?

7. mrgreen21

mrgreen21 Founding Member

Cjj putting in work...this has got to be a top 5 class...I'm excited

8. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

oh hell yeah! way to go JJ and staff! I don't know how good we will be this year but I can't wait to watch us play, should be exciting with the new up and down style and look out next year!

9. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Just staying tuned in, I guess.... Tigerbait has its article out... http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1430262

This class goes down as a top 10 class for sure. How far up will depend on how it all shakes out, but I'll take a top 10 early class any day of the week over waiting and seeing what happens in the Spring. The line up of Quarterman, Mickey and Martin is a pretty nice class, and you think back to compare this to Trent's best 2010 year, and Brady's best year with Brandon Bass's class. This one is more versatile and loaded with bigs, which is hard to come by in today's age. Tremendous vote of confidence from Martin and that's what this program needed. It's a message too, loud and clear to the 2014 and beyond classes in LA. Jones is hitting the LA recruiting grounds at the right time... Victor Craig, James Thompson, both talented 6'7-6'8 bigs who will see how Jones plays with versatile forwards in an up and down style.

Let's see if positive recruiting momentum translates into butts in the seats though!

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

gotta wonder if cjj wouldve recruited like this in 97 if he'd have been hired instead of brady. id like to think he needed the UNT experience.