Hope fans are right but...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by denhambengal, Oct 7, 2003.

1. denhambengal

denhambengal Freshman

I am an LSU grad and I work at LSU and I have been attending football games since 1975, I hope we go undefeated but I see four teams that can beat us if the Tigers do not take it to them, namely Auburn,Ala.,Florida and Ark. and I have seen nothing in these five games to change that opinion. If LSU plays like they have have these first five, they CAN win,the key word is can here. I hope I have to eat my words but I see us going 10-2and I hope the players are not buying ino their press.:geaux:

2. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome denhambengal!

I've been attending LSU games for a long time as well and I can honestly say this is the first time I've really felt that the team has taken our unofficial mantra to heart. One game at a time. While we did open a little sloppy against W Illinois, this team has shown up for each game and has never mailed it in. The play hard for 60 minutes. I think they realize the opportunity they have to go down in history and they can if they focus on one opponent at a time and play every down with the intention of completely dominating their man.

There are always 5 or 6 teams every year that have the talent to go undefeated but at some point most of them lose focus and don't give 100% causing them to drop a game or two they shouldn't. That's the difference between champions and the runner ups.

Again, welcome to the forum. It's great to be an LSU Tiger!

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I was honestly predicting a 9-3 or 10-2 season coming in. I saw the schedule and there were no games i saw that were sure losses like the UF game used to be. The games I circled as toss-ups were UGA, Auburn, Ole Miss, Bama, UF, and Arky. The biggest question marks were the UGA, Auburn, Ole Miss and Arky. I totally expected to beat to UF but you should never count them out. We passed our first test with UGA and UF will prive if we can sustain our momentum. This is "Make or Break Saturday" there are so many big games this weekend. This is a prime chance to jump some folks in the poll and establish yourself as a contender.