Hoping for something positive to happen...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TSdude, Jan 24, 2005.

1. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

After reading the articles in Sunday's Shreveport Times about LSU's recruiting taking a hit and not being able to hire a defensive coordinator, it's no wonder why so many Tiger fans are starting to develop the "catastrophe syndrome". I'll admit those articles and other news I've been hearing lately sure haven't made me very happy but I'm not ready to jump off any bridges. But, I sure wouldn't mind some positive news to come out of the football program. Anyone else feel the same?

:helmet: :geaux:

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Positive news coming right up:

-we are loaded with talent
    -we have a new enthusiastic coach that can recruit and coach well
    -we have a good shot at getting RP
    -one of the fastest WR corps in the nation

:geauxtigs :geauxtigs :geauxtigs

3. kcal

kcal Founding Member

...The sun will come up tomorrow
    ...You won't go hungry tonight
    ...LSU will get a DC
    ...LSU recruits will impact this team in a positive way
    ...LSU will win the SEC and compete for the MNC
    That my friend is POSITIVE:)

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Negativity sells. That's what all those writers are in the buisness for. Don't worry

5. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

With a coaching change at the time we had ours you could expect some drop off, but with the talent we already have and a good to great season next year I think we will be at the top in recruiting next season. This is not to say we won't have a good recruiting year this year, but a slight drop off is
    not going to kill LSU Football.
    I just think with our new coach and his history to recruit good players you will see things back to normal once he has a chance to coach the team and put his system into place. :thumb:

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Meyers decommitting doesn't surprise me because he's from California, but a HS coach saying "the kid won't go there because they have no defensive coordinator" does concern and annoy me. When Saban left, we all had our "purple & gold colored glasses" on believing that the cream of the crop coaches would be salivating to come to LSU, and unfortunately after taking off the glasses we're finding out that this is not the case.
    And I'm sorry, call me cynical or a naysayer but I don't buy into the excuse that because of the coaching change this has to be a down year recruiting wise. To me that's a total cop out and a built in excuse! With one weekend remaining, I hoping Les Miles and the staff that he does have in place pull off some big surprises and land some top recruits. I fully expect them to make a big splash on signing day. I'm a firm and total believer that you have to have the horses to run the race and in the direct correlation between top recruiting classes leading to top 10 teams.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We weren't tearing up the world with recruiting while Saban was still here. We simply do not have a large number of scholarships available this year to start with.

But a coaching change was, obviously, going to affect recruiting, especially since the change took place in January--as opposed much earlier, as at South Carolina, for instance. I, for one, am not too worried.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Personally I think there were many coaches salivating to come to LSU, many. I also believe that Skip hired the best one available. I also believe that Miles is doing the best job he can right now and should not hire a DC just to appease you and/or any recruits. We'll get a good class, maybe not a fabulous class, but we will get a good one. And if you don't think bringing on a new coach in January should effect a signing class you under estimate the effect of the coaches who have been recruiting these kids for over a year as well as the impact of the head coach.

9. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I never said I didn't like Skip's hiring of Miles. I agree that he was likely the best available at the time. But I disagree about having all these coaches salivating to come to LSU. If this were indeed the case, Miles wouldn't be having the trouble he's having at finding defensive coaches. And he's not hiring anyone to appease me, but we know he's been turned down by three coaches, including two from the college ranks.
    I just would like some positive news to offset some of the negative news that has come out in relation to the LSU football program. I'd like to see some recruit pledge his commitment to Les Miles and LSU instead of all the decommits. Powe's been the only commitment recently and it's doubtful he'll ever step foot on LSU's campus.

10. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

LSU is not alone in looking for DC's; LM does seem to have good tastes for good coaches for that position, but so far didn't pan out for multitude of reasons. For example, it's hard to compete against the NFL like Miami for Edwards. We should all be more patient and not rush into getting any DC. Would be interesting when the NFL season ends.
    ________
    Wellbutrin settlement