Hoping for something positive to happen...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TSdude, Jan 24, 2005.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

let me put in perspective for you TS. there are millions of starving kids with AIDS in Africa. A tsunami of biblical proportions killed 250,000 people in south asia three weeks ago. many people have lost their entire families. people in iraq are freightened to vote this w/e for fear of reprisal.

sorry to be so sarcastic, but it could be a lot worse.

2. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Hey Friday lets keep this in perspective. We all know what is going on in the world. This is our escape outlet.

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Let everyone in the SEC think LSU is going downhill.

Helps us even more.

The "favorite" rarely if ever wins the SEC

4. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

I think stacyQ hit the nail on the head. We dont have many scholarships to give out this year. Also the talent level in La. is weak this year. I believe CFN has only two La. players in the top 100 maybe three.

I believe this was not going to be a great recruiting year even if NS stayed.

5. philter

philter Founding Member

Starting to develop? Man, they've had that disease for more than a decade. Only now they've stopped taking their medication...I hope you aren't one of them. Sit in your chair and watch what happens...no amount of complaining or worrying or recruit bashing will change anything.

Well not anything...recruits have been known to back off a school from something a dumbazz fan says, so I guess it can change something.

6. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

TSDude and all other Tiger faithful. I believe the article TS is referring to is an article written by Glen Guilbeau who writes for the Gannett News service. His articles also appear here in Lafayette's Daily Advertiser. He is no friend of LSU and always writes, IMHO, with a negative LSU slant. I have traded e-mails with him. For example when writing about the SEC Championship game he took some time to point out some AU players that didn't come to LSU who allegedly were recruited by us and quoted Jason Campbell as saying he didn't come to LSU because SABAN was "too businesslike." I wrote him and wanted to know what the hell LSU had to do with the topic he was writing about and why he had such a negative slant. He came back with an insult, I informed him that if he puts his words out for public consumption he should expect criticism, pointed out how well LSU has done without all these AU players and "politely" insulted him back. My point is not that we are going to the best recruiting class this year but to inform all of you to watch out for this guy and don't hesitate to call him out if he steps out of line.

7. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Hatcher...I've been knowing Guilbeau for years and try to take what he writes about LSU with a grain of salt. Usually I try to read between the lines so to speak, looking more at the subject matter instead of what opinion he's expressing. Sports writers in general are very cynical people, who always are looking at the negative instead of the positive and it comes out in their writing. I think a lot of folks have the wrong impression about my original post. All I really was wanting was for some good news to come out of the program to offset all of the negative stuff that's been coming out. And actually I watched the high school recruiting show on Fox Sports Southwest last night and got what I was looking for because there was nothing but positive, uplifting stuff said about recruiting and coach Les Miles.

8. friday

friday Founding Member

I'm sorry you didn't get my sarcasm. It may have been a bit strong but when your school just completed one of its best 4 year runs in its history (with an NC, I might add) and a potential top 5 team coming back, there's a lot to look forward to. it's all about keeping things in perspective and when you have success whether its at work or your favorite team, you need remember the tough times (like the curly hallman era) and appreciate what LSU has now.