Horns have no respect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Dec 8, 2002.

1. StarscreamLSU

StarscreamLSU Founding Member

C'mon guys - lets show some love! The Texas fans aren't our enemies, their our friends!

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

You came here at the request of me? I haven't posted at any Texas message boards. I have only browsed a couple of them. Perhaps it was someone else with the same nickname as I.

3. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Sorry! Actually it was LSUBayouBengal! I thought that might be you since he invited us to vivsit this board! NTH

4. Oregonhorn

Oregonhorn Freshman

Actually folks. Most Horn fans will take LSU very seriously. LSU worries me as much as Georgia, or USC etc. would. Understand, our dissapointment comes from being a top 10 team wanting to play at least another top ten team. It's nothing agaisnt LSU. You guys would feel the same way were the roles reversed.
    For us, a win does us very little good,while a loss drops us way
    down. Not because it's LSU, but because its a team ranked 25th.
    Most of our dissapointment is actually over what we perceive as a
    "down" season. With all the talk of Natl. Championship at the beginning of the season. I'm sure you guys remember Corso's perdiction. ;)
    Anyhow. Looking forward to the game. Wish it weren't 8 am my time.:mad:
    For any of you that get to make it to Big D that day. Be careful, have fun and watch out for those damn arrogant Horn's fans!!!!!:D
    Wait, they won't be going cause they deserved a better bowl game........

5. McFarlandHorn

McFarlandHorn Freshman

rebuttal

BayouBengal,

Yes, Hornfans.com will not show you too much respect. It's our largest board, but tends to have a lot of hogwash. Try Longhornfanzone.com. It's our #2 board in terms of volume, but the cheap smack talk is filtered and sent to Trash talk, similar to your Tiger Smack. As to your comment: “I am just waitng for Simms to choke in the big games like he seems to always do”, I’m a bit surprised you think of this as a big game for Chris. OU or Colorado (in the Big XII championship game) tend to be big games for us. Does LSU rate in that category?

Texastigers,

Responding to your comment: “Also I would not go to there board if I were you. They do nothing but insult you,” I would surmise that you’d find little other than respectable talk at Longhornfanzone.com. We have many regular Sooners and Aggies on the board. In fact, they are some of our best posters.

Personally, I’m looking forward to a competitive game. You people have the tradition in Louisiana, much like we do in Texas (with A&M a close second). When I was in New Orleans several weeks ago for our game with Tulane, the cab driver was talking about Tulane’s best year, telling me that they beat LSU that year. Man!, big stuff!

6. BayouBengal

Re: rebuttal

I'm just hoping for Simm's jinx against ranked teams kick in. With all of our injuries we will take anything we can get. Yes I consider this a big game, I consider any bowl game big too anyone that is playing in it. This is many seniors last chance to strap on pads possibly for the last time ever as only a select few make it to the next level.

During the Nick Saban era LSU has thrived in the big games more often than not. In 2000 LSU pulled out a come from behind victory in the Peach Bowl. In 2001 LSU went on a great run to win the SEC West. They also handled then #2 Tennesse in the SEC Title game and then whipped Ilinois in the Sugar Bowl. This year we fell on our faces a couple of times when we had a chance to put away the SEC West. We are looking to win a 6th Bowl in a row now.

7. UTforever

UTforever Freshman

UT respect for LSU

You are wrong if you think we have no repect for LSU. We do. You have great tradition, and you have great fans.

It's ironic that someone (Corso?) picked UT and LSU to play for the NC in Tempe.

The Cotton Bowl will be fun. It should be a great game.

Get on www.longhornfanzone.com if you want to talk football. IMO, it's much better than hornsfans.

8. BayouBengal

Re: UT respect for LSU

Hornsfans was the mainsite that I checked out. I saw some pretty cocky posts on there. I also glanced at the Cotton Bowl message board but I don't put much stock in that one. I will check out LongHornFanzone though.

9. SpaceCityHorn

SpaceCityHorn Freshman

I will have to agree with McFarlandHorn,

We are all not bad, infact a lot of us just love the game. Horfans has some bad ones just as well as LongHornFanZone, but you just have to keep things in persptective about what is going on, and who you are talking to.

I expect a great game in the Cotton Bowl betwen the two of us.

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I stand corrected it seems we have found some good horns fans.

My apologies and welcome to the board. I work with Several Horns and I have already had my share of emails and comments.

Welcome Horn Fans.