Horns have no respect

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Dec 8, 2002.

1. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I've been banned

I posted several responses to their negative comments about us and they banned me. How childish is that, kinda like taking the game ball and running back home b/c you're losing. Anyways, I too, have friends that live in Austin and have visited several times and have NEVER gotten any negative feedback about LSU or the school or our team -- ever. I was shocked when I visited that board to read what they're writing. And some of them said "it's not yall we're just pissed" yet continue to call us a bunch of dumb coon asses that can't read or write, etc. I'm just gonna blow it off, b/c I know that the majority of Texas fans are good people like us. The ones that have posted on this board show that. And the ones that come here and post differing opinions won't get banned either.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Yes try the other board or simply converse with the fans here, I went there before this week and all I read is how louisiana is a Hell Hole, we are all stupid, drunks etc etc. The Usual and never posted anything and left.

Stick around here, seems we have some good Horn fans here.

3. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

I love to talk football, not smack! Go to Horns Illustrated.com! Thats pretty much where I hang out! It basically has the samr rules you guys play by! It is a Horn sight therefore there might be some things said that upset you but I usually find it very limited!

This will be an Interesting game! UT also has several seniors looking forward to putting on the pads for their final Horn game. Being in Dallas, there will be a ton of UT fans! I think the same can be said for LSU. I cant see either claiming home field advantage! I think if LSU can somehow stop UT"S passing game, that will be their key to winning! I am looking forward to the matchup! Should be a good one! NTH

4. BigOBear

BigOBear Freshman

I think I speak for most Texans when I say we pretty much just don't like any of our neighboring states. Oklahoma just plain sucks. It is a worthless section of realestate occupied by Land Thieves. Arkansas is better only in the respect that they don't suck as much as Oklahoma. However, they still suck. New Mexico has half of their state (the good half I might add with Sante Fe) only because we gave it to them.

The only exception for most Texans is Louissianna. Most Texans love La. Especially south La. Good food, good partyin, and cool people.

I do business with Hibernia Bank and have met a lot of friends from down their and travel to Baton Rouge and New Orleans a lot. Great places. Drago's in Baton Rouge is incredible. Great food.

If the game were at LSU I think Texas fans would be more worried. Most of have heard the horror stories of having to travel to LSU - not an inviting place. However, with the game being in Dallas, I think most Texans look at this as almost home field advantage.

I for one plan on going to the game and I belive that it will be a good one. I think it will be more of an offensive game than the games mentioned in the past, and should prove to be very entertaining.

Texas ofcourse will still come out on top ;-)

5. Nobis

Nobis Freshman

Oh Lordy...

Guys, Hornfans has a what I would call a healthy cross-section of Texas folk - but a lot of new posters have come around this year and have begun to tip it more towards the bitchin'-&-moanin' crowd. Most of the long-time posters aren't that arrogant or dumb, and those that post mean smack about LSU are just trying to get a rise out of you.

There's been an awful lot of bitching on that board about this matchup, the start time, the stadium - but most of it is just frustration about not getting over the hump once again. Don't be fooled.
    I'm personally loking forward to this game and have long wanted to play LSU - I 've always rooted for you guys, mostly because I love the place and the "culture", as it were. And you always seem to field a salty team even in down years - i've seen you guys come out and steal many a game as 'dogs, and that takes character. I dig that.

And you guys are proud of your team but don't take yourselves too seriously (like Aggies or these Bama folk that have been coming around lately - whatever to all that BS). You always support your team, even in 7-5 / 8-4 years.That kind of shit puts a lot of UT fans in a really bad funk, as you can see by the posters who are urging us "not to go" to the Cotton Bowl and "send a message" to our coaches and alums...as though 5 straight 9+ win seasons is beneath us or something. They're not real fans and are a rather small % of ticket holders...like .001 %.

There are many of us who are disappointed and want some staff/scheme changes, but we are so close and we know we can get there with some tweaking. Mack is damn good coach, as is Saban, and both should have their teams ready for this game.

I would warn against tired, weak smack like "Chrissy", "can't win the big one", etc. It's old, dumb and easily refuted. Simms had a great year and bailed us out several times (KSU, Nebraska, A&M, almost against TTech) with clutch plays. Roy Williams is a monster that hasn't met his match all season. Our D is banged upo and young but has several solid playmakers. Maybe we'll decide to bring a running game for this one, maybe not - but Cedric is very capable when he gets any room at all.

Looking forward to it. We owe you guys one - same place, even - from exactly 40 years ago. I can't believe Lynn-Freakin'-Amedee hung 6 points on us that day. Interestingly as well, both schools' coaching legends were in charge that day as well. We'll get that one back, Tigers.

Save some boudin for me ---- i'll bring an extra brisket...

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

Nice post, Nobis.

Regarding the matchups, I think Benson will have to have a good game for Texas to win big. Our passing D is ranked second in the country, and we've played games against Rex Grossman, Eli Manning, Jared Lorenzen and Miami Ohio QB Ben Roethlisberger. So, we've seen talented QBs, and I don't think Sims will scare our D. Our rushing D has been run all over lately, with big games by Arkansas, Bama, Auburn, etc. So, that is obviously our weakness on defense, which I'm sure Mack will try to exploit.

Offensively, well, we don't have much. We rank 103rd in passing offense and 32nd in rushing, for a total offense ranked 89th. We have a few good RBs and a solid line, and lately we've run the QB draw a bunch with a little option mixed in. I'm sure y'all will try to force Randall into passing situations, so it will be a test to see how he performs. He's been up and down over the last several weeks, so at this point he's kind of like a box of chocolates.

I think both staffs will have excellent games plans ready, and it should be a good one.

7. Nobis

Nobis Freshman

Aren't you guys missing your best DB?

And no offense, but Simms is probably better than all of those QBs, with the possible exception of Grossman. He has also gotten used to not getting much time to throw, and we have been forced to use the infamous "3-yard out" pattern as a substitute for a consistent running game. You guys have a good chance if you can put lots of pressure on Chris and keep Ced under wraps.

I can see us making life miserable for Randall most of the game, and our secondary is also our strong suit.

8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Hasn't Roy Williams had a hamstring problem this year? Is he healed yet? I try to tune out all Big 12 stuff over the radio in Houston but some of it seeps through. Looks like we have some good Horns fans around.

Also, have you guys had any problems replacing Jammer at CB?

9. NORTHTEXHORN

NORTHTEXHORN Founding Member

Roy has been fine for several games now! A big key is if our clueless OC decides to open things up or not! We have a ton of weapons on the offensive side of the ball but no offensive coordinator that has the imagination to use it! Many are calling for his head including me! Also he has quite the reputation for going very conservative in bowl games and meaninful games! He has taken a lot of heat for this and if he does it again this time, there will be hell to pay! I look forward seeing our offense, wideopen that is, going against yalls D! For the biggest part of the season our O line has had porblems. Again it hasn't benn beacause of a lack of talent rather the blocking schemes. Plain and simple. Texas is loaded with gifted athletes, just wish we had gifted coordinators! NTH

10. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

You just have too many former Tulane head coaches on your staff (Brown & Davis).